Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after several attempts to discover where the water was coming from in my rear floor, I discovered that the 2 center AC vents over the DIC flow a minimal trickle of air, regardless of where the Open/Close slide wheel is positioned.

I drove from Newburgh NY to Syracuse, about 3 hours on Friday and had ALOT of water in the rear floor again....

I have owned the car for 1 month, and it took 4 trips to Service to repair the Stability System, and the Service department has been great too, but now, On Saturday morning, the service manager personally vacuumed out what in his words was "enough water for a really nice foot sauna..."

The mat and full floor carpet needs replacement, and the mildew is starting...

Tuesday I speak with the Used Car Manager and discuss the idea of them taking the car back and I purhcase something else from them...

Here's my dilemma...I love this car. 2003, 3.6L, 5 SPEED MANUAL, 17" wheels, wood trim SW and Shifter Knob...they are somewhat rare, not easy to find a replacement...

But there has been so much water under the floor, the used car warranty is up in 60 days, IF they fix it, and dry it, and replace the carpet, how many days/weeks/months will it be before the electrical issues start to appear as a result to that much water exposure? Its like buying a car that was flooded out I suppose...

Does anyone think that if they fix it, and replace the carpet, the potential corrosion or rust or electrical systems would or would not develop issues that would then be out of pocket repairs for me?

Thanks,

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Enlist the assistance of the srv mgr. Ask him if he will go to bat for you with used car mgr. Used car mgr can locate a stick shift. If the water in car was high enough, you need to get rid of it. Here is the problem. Each mgr at a dealership frequently work on their own, and not necessarily as a team. Maybe, your dealer's mgrs work as a team. If so, you are lucky. If the used car mgr is a decent person, he will work with you. Before you accept another car from him, you need to have and independent mechanic check out the car for potential problems, accidents, etc. Also run VIN for maint history, autocheck and carfax for various bits of info, etc. If you treat those mgrs professionally and ask "for their help," you might luck out. Worth a try, anyway. I admit that it is an uphill battle.

Then again, maybe electronics did not get soaked, drowned, etc.

Other option is to ask dealership to provide another year of warr on electronics. Long shot. Check out GMPP from preferred vendors here. You can buy 40 months and 40k extra miles for just over $800. Chances are that you have passed the deadline for GMPP. Dealer might provide you with an aftermarket warr, but they generally cover very little.

Another idea is to upgrade to an 04 or 05, begging dealer to be gentle on the price. Remind them that you can be a good referring customer for family and friends.

Stick shift CTS are hard to sell. Very few people know how to drive a stick today. As a result, they should be able to locate one for you without incurring a big hit.

???

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply BigBird, that was the same way I was thinking...there's an 05 with a 6 SP in Rochester that I'm hoping the SYR dealer can acquire and I'd be happy to make a deal for that one, obviously at a higher price, I'm NOT looking to get a newer car at the same rate I did the 03...

It might take a little while to find one, but I think they can find exactly what I;m looking for.

have a nice Sunday...

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
2003 3.6L ??? 3.6 didn't come out until 2004, and the 5 speed manual was only available starting about haf-way through the model year.

-GT

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Thanks for the reply BigBird, that was the same way I was thinking...there's an 05 with a 6 SP in Rochester that I'm hoping the SYR dealer can acquire and I'd be happy to make a deal for that one, obviously at a higher price, I'm NOT looking to get a newer car at the same rate I did the 03...

It might take a little while to find one, but I think they can find exactly what I;m looking for.

have a nice Sunday...
By the way, I like your TAG. Very creative and one of a kind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts