·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I was right, it has the TH400 tranny. I was looking it up and I found a lot of information about it. It's the biggest GM tranny and it's very common. They put it in jeeps too because it's a great off roading tranny! and it was in mostly trucks so it's high geared. Sorry for wasting your time guys. HAHA. Anyone else want to know about the tranny here's the link:

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/th400.htm

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Glad you found it!
I had to do a search myself to find out > but thats how we learn, I have a story to tell you about a trip i went on when i was a kid. My cousin and i were riding in her boyfriends 1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville Convertable > it was Candy Apple Red with a white top and Red interior > real sharp ride, we were traveling down the highway leaving upstate N.Y. on our way back home to Northern Indiana. I was sleeping in the back seat wedged in between suit cases, when i woke up we were sitting still on the side of the highway so i asked my cousin where we were and she told me we were just in an accident> i got out of the car and went to the front of it where her boyfriend was standing and the left front fender,bumper and headlights were pretty smashed up, i asked what happened and he said he ran into and up on a cement divider wall in the road construction and the whole car went up on one side and came back down, and i slept through it! we had to stay at a hotel for a week waiting for the car to be fixed but when it was done it looked like new again > those 70s were really built well, i believe that car saved our lives that night.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Yea, True story though > I wouldn't be caught Dead in a Honda > or any RiceBurner for that > I like BIG AMERICAN CARS called CADILLACS > CADDY'S and LAC'S AND Boats and even Yachts if you drive a Fleetwood :D Looks like you will be learning Alot about these Land Barges now that you own one! Once you get that TH400 rebuilt she will be Rolling > :spin: :spin:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
Yea, True story though > I wouldn't be caught Dead in a Honda > or any RiceBurner for that > I like BIG AMERICAN CARS called CADILLACS > CADDY'S and LAC'S AND Boats and even Yachts if you drive a Fleetwood :D Looks like you will be learning Alot about these Land Barges now that you own one! Once you get that TH400 rebuilt she will be Rolling > :spin: :spin:
His car is RWD, not AWD :rolleyes: when will people learn

:D

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
Panther said:
His car is RWD, not AWD :rolleyes: when will people learn

Yeah man! When you're finished with the joint, pass it to the left.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Wow, this thread has just turned into confusing non-sensical nonsense :confused: :bonkers:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
Who said it was AWD :bonkers: ?
lol, I was just joking, didn't ya see the :D

It was in refernce to this:

I was just making a joke..... do you see it now? didn't mean anything bad by it....sorry for the misunderstanding.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
I kinda thought Panther was smokin one of those left handed cigars myself :boring: :madtalkin :tisk: Maybe we should lock him in Jeremy's trunk for a while and let him think about what he said. :spin: With the engine Not Running of coarse!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha my trunk is rank too. It's all old and oily and the dude who used to own it kept some pretty gross stuff back there. such as his courteroy pants covered with coffee and his weight belt. but yeah, it would be torture in there. I should try doing that to someone sometime. ahah.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
I kinda thought Panther was smokin one of those left handed cigars myself :boring: :madtalkin :tisk: Maybe we should lock him in Jeremy's trunk for a while and let him think about what he said. :spin: With the engine Not Running of coarse!
Those cigars (especially the cuban ones) will put anyone out!!! I think we can let this slide, the rank-trunk treatment might be a little extreme...... :D

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
haha my trunk is rank too. It's all old and oily and the dude who used to own it kept some pretty gross stuff back there. such as his courteroy pants covered with coffee and his weight belt. but yeah, it would be torture in there. I should try doing that to someone sometime. ahah.
OK Rick,
Lets let this be a lesson well learned for you :rolleyes: You can now see what happens when you Assume things like 1970 Cadillacs were AWD vehicles > Inaccurate assumptions are taken seriously on these forums :rolleyes: and punishment for such actions can be harsh and brutle> Imagine being Locked inside Jeremy's Rank Trunk "ALL DAY" with no water or food! stuck in there smelling those old musty Courteroy pants that havent been washed since the 70s ! It's "Tough Love Kid" don't take any more chances. bouncer: :helpless: :spin:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SoundAdvantage said:
OK Rick,
Lets let this be a lesson well learned for you :rolleyes: You can now see what happens when you Assume things like 1970 Cadillacs were AWD vehicles > Inaccurate assumptions are taken seriously on these forums :rolleyes: and punishment for such actions can be harsh and brutle> Imagine being Locked inside Jeremy's Rank Trunk "ALL DAY" with no water or food! stuck in there smelling those old musty Courteroy pants that havent been washed since the 70s ! It's "Tough Love Kid" don't take any more chances. bouncer: :helpless: :spin:

Cant forget the part where he has to lay on my jack and jackstands and all my tools making it VERY uncomfortable. haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts