Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't believe my luck this morning. I wasn't 2min from my driveway and a guy in a black 5-series BMW starts playing with me out on I-95. So of course I had to deflate his ego for him. We took it from a 80mph punch and by the time I was at 110, he was like 3 car lengths behind me and so I just backed her down and coasted off my exit (laughing of course). Then about 2min later, a guy in an Explorer blows by me and of course I figured, hey, it's an Explorer, who cares right? WRONG. I got off that highway and found myself right behind him at a light. The light turned green and all of a sudden, I hear this loud roar, and I look up and notice that it's coming from the Explorer (which all of a sudden I happen to notice It has two BIG-ASS chrome tailpipes). So I took off after him and finally dusted him at the next light (but not by much I hate to say). I don't know what he had in that Explorer but it was the fastest one I've ever seen.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
If it would have been me I wouldnt have even wasted my time with an explorer. But the BMW... that golden. They really arent that fast stock, but they look fast. Just as long as you showed them whose boss.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ralph said:
BMW's are not supposed to be slow, they are designed for the Autobahn after all, but they are overrated and I am not impressed with them. Good job Kat.
Nor am I. Stellar performance Lad!:D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know the bimmers aren't USUALLY too fast, but there are a lot of fast ones out there. POINT OF CAUTION: don't mess with anything that has a big "M" on it ;)
The big surprise was the Explorer! I mean, they are slow vehicles but just like anything else, if someone wants it to be fast, you can do it. Example would be the Kenny Brown Explorers. They are damn fast. I wish I knew what this guy had done to his.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
He may have supercharged it. In which case, he should be really embarassed he lost to a Fleetwood. He must not know LT1 Fleetwoods are quite easy to modify. Then again, if he's got big chrome pipes, that means he's got somethin' to say to EVERYONE, even if he can't back it up. :thumbsup: Nice job with both of them.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ralph said:
BMW's are not supposed to be slow, they are designed for the Autobahn after all, but they are overrated and I am not impressed with them. Good job Kat.
it's not too fast until you get the ones with 4+litre v8 in them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts