Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the time of this writing there have been two new posts in this section in two days! Two! How can a forum even exist with this little traffic. At this pace the days here seem numbered.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,326 Posts
Depends on the time of day, where in the world, and sheer number (dwindling daily) of Deville owners - in the year group for the forum - that are active CF members.

Plenty of Deville owners - especially the FWD Northstar ones - post in other pertinent forums, too.

Actually, there have been 13 or so posts in here in the last 2 days.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the time of day, where in the world, and sheer number (dwindling daily) of Deville owners - in the year group for the forum - that are active CF members.

Plenty of Deville owners - especially the FWD Northstar ones - post in other pertinent forums, too.

Actually, there have been 13 or so posts in here in the last 2 days.
Ok but two in the last 18 hrs? Why even bother. Don't get me wrong I love this forum and my car survived because of it but I don't see the relevancy with basically zero traffic coming thru here.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,326 Posts
At least all the advice, repair, maintenance, knowledge is preserved in here for all to see. A few clicks and a Google search or two and you have all you need.

If a how-to for our 2000 - 2003 Northstar ignition cassette maintenance/exchange was posted in 2004 or 2014 is it really necessary to repeat it in 2020?

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,026 Posts
First thing hit me spying this earlier over coffee: with an AV of a plentifully produced current production rig of an entirely unrelated marque, and posting critique of other owner's failure to produce satisfactory quantity of new posts either because of; dwindling number of survivors, or, eventual disinterest in the platform, or, said platform's robust design and apparent absence of unanswered issues not already archived after 2 decades.

All in all a bit of irony, poignancy, or both? you want a seriously dead section then head over to Eldorado/Sevilles. I'm kinda partial to 10th Gen but only a single thread on those years in recent past. If a more active model is the target then snag a CTS-V, any ATS or a CT4/5. Lotsa lotsa traffic as the latest shiny objects.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, what's the point of this thread?
Just a observation. But when I come here and see two new posts since yesterday, that is a little disheartening. I am also on the Corvette forum for a long time (granted a lot more members and cars) but there must be 20-30 new posts a minute. Maybe I'll check back here tomorrow and someone may have posted. lol

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,297 Posts
sheer number (dwindling daily) of Deville owners - in the year group for the forum
I think that says it all. Remember this forum is for the '85 - '05's, and even the latest '05's are now 15 years old. I'm not surprised to see traffic slowing down.

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
804 Posts
It's the natural life cycle of a forum. I am on the Honda V4 forum and that was hoppin' in the early 2000's. There would be at least 25-30 posts per day with lots of projects under construction. Now it's 1-3 posts per day or random stuff and no projects going on. It's sad and I never thought it would happen to this forum.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
451 Posts
The 2006+ DTS forums are slower.

Nobody is driving these cars anymore. A lot of the Northstar powered cars went to the junkyard because of head gasket issues. In the NYC area, I rarely see a Northstar powered car anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,261 Posts

Nobody is driving these cars anymore. A lot of the Northstar powered cars went to the junkyard because of head gasket issues. In the NYC area, I rarely see a Northstar powered car anymore.
come down here to the south. Northstars are relatively common

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,035 Posts
It's not the cars. It's forums. Forums were huge 2000-2010ish. Us dinosaurs still like forums. Others have moved on to different platforms. I know many many people that used to be on forums that only use facebook.

·
Registered
2016 CTS 2.0 AWD Luxury
949 Posts
My 2000 DHS was in the shop today getting it’s coolant flushed and also replaced the water pump pulley, tensioner, & belt. Trying to keep it running good for as long as possible.

I’ve had 8 Caddys and these Devilles have been my favorite of all of them.
I still miss my '93 DeVille. That's why I stop in here from time to time. Heck, I miss my Fleetwoods, too. Daily is a '16 CTS. It's nice but not a real Caddy in my book. Generational, I guess. They don't make 'em like the used to. :)

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
804 Posts
It's not the cars. It's forums. Forums were huge 2000-2010ish. Us dinosaurs still like forums. Others have moved on to different platforms. I know many many people that used to be on forums that only use facebook.
Facebook is a very lame place to get technical info. I don't get it at all. I just checked out the facebook deville section and it is just people showing off their cars. I joined a chevy truck group on facebook and I hated it and deleted it. Everyday it was post after post of parts being sold all accros the country. Good luck to the kids trying to find any useful info on facebook. I think after a while every topic has already been discussed and archived on a forum so there isn't much need to actually post questions. It's still kinda sad.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
451 Posts
There's a facebook group called "Northstar powered cars" that's fairly active. Jake Weibe (The owner of Northstar Performance) chimes in once in a while. You'll get quicker responses there if you have a general question. If you need to know something more detailed, you'll probably get a better answer here.

·
Registered
2004 Deville
12 Posts

I have a 2004 Deville and It is NOT in the Junkyard. I enjoy the forum immensely and read it right away when it comes out. Whether it has information about my year or not, I still like to read it, As far as posting information that as been posted in the past, I am glad the Forum is kind enough to help me. There are at least 4 or 5 Devilles where I live and if you were the writer for the Cadillac Forum it would have ceased to exist long ago and people like me that have old cars would not get any help. In my opinion you are a self centered person who only cares about yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My suggestion would be don't look in the Deville forum if you think its not active enough. There are plenty of Deville owners that enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, guys, how I wish I still had my beautiful powder blue '93 Sedan de Ville, so I could have a forum to utilize with all it's love and understanding. That truly was the best of my Cadillacs- over 10 of 'em. (& all I needed was a really big garage and I would have kept them all!

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
703 Posts
I have a 2004 Deville and It is NOT in the Junkyard. I enjoy the forum immensely and read it right away when it comes out. Whether it has information about my year or not, I still like to read it, As far as posting information that as been posted in the past, I am glad the Forum is kind enough to help me. There are at least 4 or 5 Devilles where I live and if you were the writer for the Cadillac Forum it would have ceased to exist long ago and people like me that have old cars would not get any help. In my opinion you are a self centered person who only cares about yourself.
Whoa whoa, why all the hostility? Lol.
I don’t think anything all that offensive was said by anyone.. Just normal conversation going on right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts