Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
You'll find tons of people lining up to help you with the attitude displayed in your recent posts.
Best of luck to you.

Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
all you can do is try Long...as for the Doctor...he deserved what he got for sticking his finger up that far... o_O

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
all you can do is try Long...as for the Doctor...he deserved what he got for sticking his finger up that far... o_O
Tell me about it-- that's the last time I see that psychiatrist.

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
And again, how do I GET TO the connections? They are above the metal in the top of the trunk.
I had five doors and no trouble finding my connections.

Y'all need to lighten up a bit.

Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD

Says, "5.1." Four times.
That article is highly inaccurate. The speakers in the dash are NOT tweeters to start out with. They are simply 3.5" "full range" speakers. As are the ones in the rear deck. The front door speakers are NOT 6.5" speakers. They are significantly bigger and are only for midbass. The rear speakers are full range speakers as well. And it is NOT a 5.1 surround system. 5.1 surround systems are for theater useage and contain the 5.1 information within the video data. If you have the hard drive system you have no way to watch video and there is no 5.1 decoding available. It does say Dolby Digital and DTS surround but these are manipulated sound from standard 2 stream sources. Not true 5.1. 5.1 includes decoding which allows for hearing differences from front to rear so you can hear something running by you for instance. It does have time alignment built in but this is far from what is considered 5.1 surround.

If you want to improve the bass you will need to add a powered subwoofer that is better than the one in the car. I assure you my cerwin vega sub pounds... And was like $300. The one I have mounts where the spare tire goes.

Beyond this you are on your own. You can remove the rear deck to get to the speakers but I believe requires removing the back seat. There are videos on Youtube showing how to pull off the rear deck on a sedan. A coup should be similar.

But regardless.

Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
What you really need is the GM SCAN TOOL for this problem.
They have many SCAN TOOLS;
Radio Speaker Amplifier Scan Tool Information

21 - 26 of 26 Posts