Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 seville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 91' seville. It's a bit of a beater but it has a strong motor and tranny, body is in good shape but the interior was poorly maintained it's a good basis for a decent project car. I eventually want to get all the feature of the car working so i was wondering if anyone out there would be kind enough as to give me some advice on solving an issue with the twilight sensor and the courtesy lights not working. The courtesy lights do come on when you turn the switch on the dash all the way on but not when I open the doors, I also noticed the light in the trunk doesn't work. tried replacing the bulb and the result was nil. any suggestions would be highly appreciated. thanx

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,509 Posts
check all the fuses

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Do you have twilight sentinel turned on? If the "lever" is all the way to the right, it's off. As you turn it right, it activates, and the more you turn it, the longer the headlights will stay on after the ignition is turned off (the DIC will display the delay time in seconds).

If it's on, and not working, the photocell on the dash is probably. Ad.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I bet your year has a light sensor in the dash and Courtesy lights are controlled by light sensor and will not come on when you open the door during the day. Try at night.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
77 Posts
Just a quick question where do i begin to repair or troubleshoot the twilight sentinel? It doesnt work, and when i turn on my headlights they chime when i turn on the parki9ng lights they chime as well. But when i remote start my car the parking lights are on indicating the car has started but it doesnt chime.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,509 Posts
Just a quick question where do i begin to repair or troubleshoot the twilight sentinel? It doesnt work, and when i turn on my headlights they chime when i turn on the parki9ng lights they chime as well. But when i remote start my car the parking lights are on indicating the car has started but it doesnt chime.
==============================
where do i begin to repair or troubleshoot the twilight sentinel?

when i remote start my car
I would start with the aftermarket remote start -

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
77 Posts
==============================
where do i begin to repair or troubleshoot the twilight sentinel?

when i remote start my car
i would start with the aftermarket remote start -
it started doing this way before the after market remote start was bought. And when i remote start the car the parking lights are on but when i change gear the parking lights turn off when i drive. I just want to know how to fix the headlight to stop chiming when i turn them on manually or get the twilight sentinal to work so it can turn the light on itself without the chime

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has someone been messing with the computer via climate control?In the climate control theres settings to turn the twilight sentinel on and off .also the interior lights .

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,105 Posts
The OP has not logged in for 5 years - and this thread has been dead that long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with my 02 SLS....My lights are off timing wise...I recently purchased this car..the daytime lights are on at night and my night beams are on during the day as well as my console and steering wheel lights will come on then go out and once I turn the car off and take the key out they will come back on {weird}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts