Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully, this is the best place to get some advice on this question.

Took my 2001 STS in for engine stalling and they replaced my crank sensor (the service guy new immediately what the problem was when I was describing the symptom). When I got the car back, the Twilight Sentinal that senses the ambient light seemed to allways keep my headlights on, even in bright daylight until I shut off the car! When I turn off the sentinal, the dash has the "headlights suggested" message come on while I'm driving in bright daylight.

Any clue what is causing this? Could they have messed something up when they reprogrammed the vehicle?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone,

1. Good news! I figured it out and feel kind of dumb. It seems that my car has rain-sense wipers. Evidently, the dealership had moved the wiper stalk to the intermittent mode, but since it was not raining, I did not know they were on. The owners manual states that if the wipers are on for more than 6 seconds and the Twilight-sentinel is on, that the lights will automatically come on. As soon as I turned the wiper switch off, the lights went off.

2. For the individual who wanted to know if I have had many problems with the car: I purchased it about 2 months ago as a "Certified Pre-Owned" off of the Sewell lot in Dallas (by the way, they have many very nice pre-owned Caddy's there). It had just under 30K miles and was in super condition and loaded to the max (it has every option except Navigation). I purchased the 6yr 100K extended factory warantee for another $1500. After about a month of driving, I had enough driving experience with it to know about a few minor issues.
A) Loose lower outside drivers door trim piece
B) Driver's seat belt tensioner sticks occasionally
C) Mild Highway shudder in the wheel - they ballanced the tires
D) Brake shudder - they turned the rotors

Last week it stalled twice, and I took it in and the crank sensor was replaced.

I really love the car, very comfortable and the perfect blend of upscale luxury and sport. Hopefully, this will be all that will ever need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.