Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this polish and want to share his comments? Is this a good product or all hype? We have serious love bug problems in Florida for 3 months out of the year, if you do any traveling around the state. I thought this might have been mentioned in a previous post, but I can't find it.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
I use Ice. It is decent stuff. Does not hide stuff as well as real wax but is real easy to work with. Wipe on wipe off. For polymer stuff it is not nearly as good as Zaino but like I said it is easy. Gives a nice shine but does not hide. If you have a black car with any swirls go with a real wax.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Lux III
7 Posts
The ICE Polish/Wax works great. I don't know how it'd handle lovebugs but I recently used the Turtlewax ICE brand Clay Bar Kit and then followed it with the ICE Polish. My red car looked phenomenal, true showroom shine and color. The best thing about this ICE stuff from Turtle Wax is that it goes on and off so fast and easy. To Polish/Wax it took me about 30 minutes. With real wax it takes forever.

The word on the street about the ICE polish is that it looks pretty good but not as good as the Meguiars NXT real wax, and that it only lasts for a few washes before you have to reapply it.

The ICE Clay Kit which includes a "Liquid Clay" (which is really like a polish) and the the lube and Clay Bar, worked great. It was my first time claying and it was easy and the results were great.

Honestly I never had a car come out looking so great with such little effort. Plus the TW ICE Polish works great on rubber and plastic and chrome trim, stuff that you'd have to avoid with the real wax. Overall I dig this stuff. If I need to reapply it every couple of months that ain't so bad considering how easy it is to do. The only real negative of this is the price. It is kind of expensive but you get 16 oz and I think I only used maybe like one and a half ounces doing my car, so a bottle should last a year. The claybar thing is a once a year thing I think.

Having said that, with Lovebugs, I think you're gonna need some real wax. It is more durable. I'm from Louisiana and have had thousands of lovebugs plastered to my car after several roadtrips through the boonies in the summers and know how hard they can be to remove. I think that real wax will offer the best protection. If a nice shine is what you're after the TW ICE works well and is super easy and fast to apply.

Ciao,
Big D

·
Registered
09 DTS
16 Posts
My opinion is that ICE is not the easiest to work with, and as opthers have said, doesn't last as long as other waxes. For my time I'll stick with a heavier paste or liquid wax. I am using Turtle Wax Platinum now.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
The last time I used a Turtle Wax product I spent the rest of the day trying to get it off the car.

IMHO it's all trash. I wouldn't use anything from Turtle Wax company on my lawn mower let alone my cars.

If you're trying to prevent bugs from sticking to the car use any good non-over the counter sealant and bugs don't stand a chance. I use Poly Seal from Perfect Auto Finish and bugs fall off when I spray the car off. I'm sure others are just as good.

I only really wash my car before shows, etc. In between I just hose it off.

·
Registered
99 STS
42 Posts
I just used it today and would not use it again. It took as much if not more work than waxing with much less shine and protection.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
As per Codewise, I wouldn't use any Turtle product on one of my vehicles - they USED to make a good product - back in the late 60s, I believe.

Lately I've been using Meguiar's new Tech 2.0 wax. It goes on easily, comes of with a minimum of effort and water beads like crazy for weeks afterwards.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I just ordered some Zainos product so we'll see how that goes. Previously I'v been very impressed with the stuff from Perfect Auto Finish. Their Poly Seal is amazing. Water doesn't just bead it actually runs for cover. Literally I've never seen water repelled like that before.

I know so why am I trying something different, I don't know. I asked myself that question. Zainos is supposed to be a great line up and they have a layering system which most other don't

We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
It's all part of the buzz of owning nice cars, Codewise - tryin' something different to see if we can get it to shine any better. Maybe layering is the answer - at what point though, do we attain the perfect shine? At what point can it NOT get any shine-ier?

I remember going the SIMONIZE route back when it meant something - 1966, to be exact. I did a number on my Dad's brand new 1966 Pontiac Parisienne (Bonneville clone). It was painted "Charcoal Blue Mist", which was a metallic paint and by the time I was finished putting the SIMONIZE paste wax on and then chiselling it off with untold amounts of elbow grease - well, the shine was NOT to be believed. Too bad what passes for SIMONIZE today can't do it anymore.

Only time (and Zaino) will tell, right :)?

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
LOL tis all to true. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I will tell you what I wasn't thrilled about with the other products. The packaging leaves lot to be desired.

I had the Poly Seal Spray and had to replace the sprayer pump 3 times before the product was used.

I Leather Treatment was also in a very cheap plastic bottle that didn't hold up well to the constant squeezing.

Hopefully for the extra cash Zaino has spend a little more time and money on packaging.

As far as shine and labor involvement, I have no complaints with the Perfect Auto Finish stuff. Very easy to work with, very nice results.

·
Registered
03 CTS
15 Posts
I wouldnt use ICE on my ex-wifes car!!! We'll maybe if I threw it at it and it burst all over it, as long as I didnt have to wipe it off.

I have a Black CTS and it had to break out a 10" orbital to get the streaks out. I did the whole car, "in the sun" like they said you can, and when you stepped away it was a moddled streaky mess. I bought the whole shooting match; wax, spray detailer, interior stuff...and the only stuff I use still is the wheel cleaner, it eats the brake dust off pretty good, on chrome wheels at least.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
So far so good on the Zaino stuff. Because of the insane amount of rain we're getting here I've only gotten as far as the Z-AIO, which many of you know I don't' believe there is such a thing as cleaner polish. A cleaner should be taking stuff off and a polish should be putting stuff on.

However I was amazed at the amount of contamination it took off my freshly washed very well cared for paint and the water beads like crazy. So maybe there is such a thing.

Either way I ordered my stuff from Carl and I have to say is customer service is second to none. He stopped at nothing to take care of me.

Packaging is excellent and with every $25 spent they include a very nice cotton covered spongy type applicator pad.

So the next clear day I'll follow up with the Z-2 polish then a coat of Z-CS to protect it all.

Just for the record I also got the Z-6 detailing spray and the Z-8 Grand Finale for show days.

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
So far so good on the Zaino stuff. Because of the insane amount of rain we're getting here I've only gotten as far as the Z-AIO, which many of you know I don't' believe there is such a thing as cleaner polish. A cleaner should be taking stuff off and a polish should be putting stuff on.

However I was amazed at the amount of contamination it took off my freshly washed very well cared for paint and the water beads like crazy. So maybe there is such a thing.

Either way I ordered my stuff from Carl and I have to say is customer service is second to none. He stopped at nothing to take care of me.

Packaging is excellent and with every $25 spent they include a very nice cotton covered spongy type applicator pad.

So the next clear day I'll follow up with the Z-2 polish then a coat of Z-CS to protect it all.

Just for the record I also got the Z-6 detailing spray and the Z-8 Grand Finale for show days.
I just did my Caddy..2nd application for this year(Jan/July). Great stuff that Zaino!:yup:
Oh, I REALLY love their Leather In A Bottle, now THAT is some good stuff!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts