Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone:
My 05 escalade has after market tires 22" and dealer is not supporting - I would like to turn off the tire pressure monitoring system.

Under Tire Pressure it now shows
LF 46 PSI
RF --- PSI
LR 0 PSI
RR --- PSI

What is the difference between 0 PSI and --- PSI ??

And the Warning light for low tire pressure warning always stays on
I want to turn it off - so that the lamp don't burn out.

The tire shows max load of 1320kgs (2910 lbs) and max tire pressure of 50 PSI. What pressure should I keep the tires on?

I have 7 seats and it is the standard version of escalade not the ESV

Thanks
SJ

PS - Great forum - I just made a donation today

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
I don't know if the driver can do it though a menu that I do not know about, but I do know the dealer can turn the tire PSI monitoring system off.
Just ask them to set the computer to "winter tire" mode.

...I think that is the term.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
It does not matter your wheels or tire size, the stock pressure sensors will work. Not sure if they can be programmed out, it would need to be done with a Tech II Tool, or someone who does computer tuning. You should be running about 35 lbs, the max pressure listed on the tire should never be used unless you are carrying many thousands of lbs in cargo. Did the dealer use the pressure sensor tool on your truck?

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer I go to don't deal with after market add-ons. The 22" that I have is put on by the first owner and not the standard tire that came factory installed

Tks

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
The dealer I go to don't deal with after market add-ons. The 22" that I have is put on by the first owner and not the standard tire that came factory installed

Tks
It would be my guess that you could get just about any mechanic (tech) at any GM dealer to hook their computer up to it and press a few buttons, for $20.

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All, I found a local discounttire.com shop that will do it at no charge
Have an appointment for Monday
-SJ

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
I just took my '04 EXT to the dealer to have the regular oil change today.

Anyways, I asked them about my 24" wheels that makes the "service tire pressure" message comes on. Mind you, my 24s doesnt have TPS.

Anyways, whatever they did, they got rid of the message! It no longer shows up!! Pretty cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
So the Tech II tool can program it out, my TPS unit will do that. :( Kind of surprised they did that without having you sign something, possible legal issue if you blow out a tire.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Shit! I just called to ask the tech guy what he did, and he just said he resetted the TPS monitor???...

The thing is, I dont have Tire pressure 'sensors' on my tires!

Anyways, not sure what he meant by it, but he said it went away.

So far I've drove around all day and the message hasnt came back *knock on wood*. I'll keep you all posted in a couple days!

·
Registered
2005 Diamond White Escalade
24 Posts
You should be running about 35 lbs, the max pressure listed on the tire should never be used unless you are carrying many thousands of lbs in cargo.
Can I get a 2nd confirmation on this? I'm running 24's and I keep it at 40-45 psi. It looks kind of flat if its at 35 psi.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I talked to two of my wax customers with 24's and one said he keeps them at 35 lbs and the other said he keeps his at 36 lbs. I have 22's and keep them between 34 lbs and 36 lbs.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Damn, sorry guys. My message came back last night. Pretty shitty that there's no way of turning them off unless you get the TPS for each wheel.

Anyways, both my lades on 24s are running 40psi. I tried 35lbs, but it just looks a little flat for me.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Not sure about turning them off not being a legal issue if you would have a blowout. Sounds like they just reset the error message. :(

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Not sure about turning them off not being a legal issue if you would have a blowout. Sounds like they just reset the error message. :(

I think thats what they did. :(

Aw well, i'll live. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts