Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The mileage really sinks in with that odometer shot ... yikes, only 16k for $3k.
$3k would pretty much amount to the sales tax on a new one up here!
Hell, you bought the Suzuki for less than the cost of repairing a Northstar headgasket.
Less than the repair of a N* headgasket is right. It's one of the reasons I hate N* cars. 2.5 years ago I bought my wife's '98 Mark VIII w/16k (how weird is that? And it's white/grey) for $5k. That was another dead person's car. Finding these deals is fun. I apply this to any purchase from a measley (insert something insignificant) to an expensive piece of (whatever). I like to "steal" stuff.

[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,410 Posts
Well done ... hurry up and sell the Mk to Ian, so we can see Jesda crashing it by the fall (kidding, of course, but hasn't Ian been hinting at the Mk for at least a year, now?).
Ian's the one who crashed my Cadillac. :( Now he wants to drive the other one!

·
Registered
'08 DTS Lux III Blk Cherry, '89 Brougham d'Elegance Dip Blue
4,847 Posts
I hear the world's smallest violin...
LOL! I love how you guys pick on one another. Sounds just like me and my friends. I'm still trying to learn who's who by name. I wish I had found this forum sooner than I did. I've learned a lot and have gotten a lot of enjoyment from reading some of the comments.

The Forenza is still a good looking little car Destroyer. It and the Lancer will give you and your wife something to run around town in to save gas and keep you from having to worry about someone messing up the Ram or the Lincoln. Since there is already a few old people marks on the car you don't have to be paranoid about someone giving it another one. I'm protective of my ETC and it's 10 years old. I can't imagine how bad I would be with something new.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Soooo... about that Mark... :lildevil:
Don't have the Lancer yet. Some complication with the probate. No biggie, should be next week. Mark needs a camber kit due to the lowered suspension. Will come with both sets of wheels but the 18" wheels need 2 new front tires. The camber was off and wore out the front tires prematurely. The original tires/wheels that came with the car are on it now. If you want it and have $5k I will hopefully be able to sell it next week if I get the Lancer. It's a steal Ian. I just put over $450 in brand new ignition coils plus a new battery and the car only has 38k original miles. I was supposed to buy the Lancer and the estate house Thursday but now I'm told they cannot be sold till next week so I have to wait. Wife already agreed to take the Lancer so no problem there.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
That is a steal at 5k, and you replaced the air suspension with convetional coilovers, right?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That is a steal at 5k, and you replaced the air suspension with convetional coilovers, right?
Replaced the air suspension and replaced the factory HID bulbs with an aftermarket kit that accepts more common, cheaper and more powerful HID bulbs.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Don't take it personal Nick, but those are the two most boring and bland cars I could ever see you owning, but at least you bought them for a practical reason, and got a steal on both of them.

Replaced the air suspension and replaced the factory HID bulbs with an aftermarket kit that accepts more common, cheaper and more powerful HID bulbs.
Cool, so you've basically fixed both of the major problems on late model Mark VIII's. :thumbsup:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Don't take it personal Nick, but those are the two most boring and bland cars I could ever see you owning, but at least you bought them for a practical reason, and got a steal on both of them.
You will get no argument for me. They are boring, bland and appliance-like. I just don't mind though. I work so much that it just doesn't matter what I drive anymore. Reliability and economy are more important to me at this point in time than performance or looks. Besides, my man card is still in tact as I'm keeping the RAM, lol. :yup:

BTW: I had the windows tinted dark enough so as not to be seen in the Suzuki.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Well I detailed the Mark tonight, and you know what? Those Octostars aren't too shabby. :D

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
-If- I end up being able to get the Mark, we can talk about the wheels Tony.

And from the WTF file... I didn't know you had a Mark! VERY nice.

·
26,239 Posts
Thanks! It only has 78,000 miles on it- not too shabby for a 12 year old car. :D

I was looking for a daily driver I could pay cash for and not worry about every little nick or chip it picked up. This one fell in my lap, and I've actually grown quite fond of it these last six months.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Thanks! It only has 78,000 miles on it- not too shabby for a 12 year old car. :D

I was looking for a daily driver I could pay cash for and not worry about every little nick or chip it picked up. This one fell in my lap, and I've actually grown quite fond of it these last six months.
I'm sure you'll agree with me on this... Marks are one of those cars (like Fleetwoods) that when you have a really fine example like that, it just attracts compliments and onlookers like flies!

·
26,239 Posts
Yeah, it's funny- I got a "nice car" from a stranger the other day, and I haven't got one of those since I sold the V.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Check out this Mark VIII. :bigroll:

heh heh heh heh heh.....

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
$5K is a steal, maybe I should sell the Marauder and daily Nick's Mark!

Go get it Ian!!! :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 47 Posts