Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Cadillac Seville SLS, 88 Cadillac Deville, Trailblazer SS
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now, my turn signals have been on and off about working, but have progressively gotten worse. The funny thing is that I can leave the switch on for about 45 seconds and they will come on. Also, my front corners come on instantly when I flip the switch, so I was hoping to shy away from the switch being bad.

I figured that the relay maybe bad, but I'm hearing that the relay is behind the headlamp switch, because I have a 1994 Cadillac SLS. I can't get my hand in there from underneath.

Overall, I have a few questions:

Where is this relay or flasher for the turn signal? (the hazard's flasher is the round one snapped to the framing....right?)

If it is the switch, can anyone give me an estimate on the price to get that switch replaced because I know the air bag must be removed and this is above my head.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
sounds like a lazy flasher more than the switch. not sure on the Seville where the flasher is. but someone else will probly chime in here shortly.

Replacement of the switch isn't something I'd just love to do either. LOL!

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Usually the 4 way flasher can be swapped for the turn signal one. Most flashers are close to the steering column. 4 way flashers are of a heavy duty type in order to flash more bulbs at the same time, so they work great when used as turn signal flashers. Also you dont have to buy another flasher once swapped for a long time.

·
Registered
STS'97
49 Posts
Usually the 4 way flasher can be swapped for the turn signal one. Most flashers are close to the steering column. 4 way flashers are of a heavy duty type in order to flash more bulbs at the same time, so they work great when used as turn signal flashers. Also you dont have to buy another flasher once swapped for a long time.

Any idea where this relay is located for a 97 STS? I have the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts