Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 Cadillac Eldo Both Signals Went At Same Time And I Can't Locate The Fuses For Them I Was Told Hd12 Was The Flasher For Them Where Isit Located Please Reply Asap For I Can't Get Going Without Them Thanks

·
Registered
520 Posts
hiroads_81 said:
86 Cadillac Eldo Both Signals Went At Same Time And I Can't Locate The Fuses For Them I Was Told Hd12 Was The Flasher For Them Where Isit Located Please Reply Asap For I Can't Get Going Without Them Thanks
Usually you get to it from under the dash. Take out any removable panels from around the bottom of the stearing column, get a flashlight and look for either a small aluminum can or a clear plastic box. Either would be a bit larger than an ice cube. Most likely it's in a hole that will be a pain in the butt to get your hand into. Just be patient.
Bob

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
the other colors I,ve seen for the flasher are light blue or yellow. Remove the panels under the steering column, turn on the four way flashers and locate that flasher by sound. You will be able to hear it clicking . Once thats located, look further for the turn signal flasher. Usually its close to the steering column. I,ve swapped the four way flasher for the turn signal flasher to confirm repair, then at your conveience replace the four way flasher unit. Hope this helps, Bill.

·
Registered
42 Posts
carnut said:
the other colors I,ve seen for the flasher are light blue or yellow. Remove the panels under the steering column, turn on the four way flashers and locate that flasher by sound. You will be able to hear it clicking . Once thats located, look further for the turn signal flasher. Usually its close to the steering column. I,ve swapped the four way flasher for the turn signal flasher to confirm repair, then at your conveience replace the four way flasher unit. Hope this helps, Bill.
The turn signal flasher should be black in color. I just changed one on a newer Eldorado. That flasher was a dealer item, and cost about $17.00.

I found it by first pushing the 4 way flasher switch, and heard that one click under the dash. I knew that was not the right one. Then, I turned the ignition key to "on", and kept clicking the turn signal stalk while listening for the single click of the other flasher. The bad flasher still clicked, but there were no turn indicator lights on the panel, either left or right.

Once I located the flasher, I took it out and matched it up at the dealer to get the correct one. Once installed, everything worked fine.

GSEREP1

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
HiRoads, when you get it fixed, report on this thread for others to learn, thanks, Bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts