Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Deville Concours and the left turn signal won't cancel automatically. The right side is fine. How do you get into it to repair? Also, less important, my remote won't operate until I'm real close to the car and requires multiple presses to unlock both sides. I have replaced the battery in the remote to no avail. Any ideas?

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Turn Signal won't cancel, here are some possibilities:
  • Loose switch mounting screws
  • A broken TS switch
  • Broken anchor bosses
  • A mispositioned detent
  • A broken return spring
  • A broken canceling spring
  • A mispositioned canceling spring
  • A worn canceling cam
Now, all of the above require you to tear down the steering column. I would suggest you get yourself a FSM, Take caution when working around the SIR system.

Here is a link for your keyless entry range, could be a bad key fob if the problem is only apparent in one of them.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/100606-how-more-than-quadruple-range-your.html

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The turn signal cancel spring is broken on one side. I have seen it a lot.
Pretty cheap repair, will require some knowledge and special tools to fix.
I think the spring is less than a dollar?

Take the remote apart, I think those were prone to break solder joints where the battery mounts onto the circuit board.
If you are pretty good with a soldering iron you can fix it, otherwise you might just think about getting a new transmitter.
I haven't checked lately but some of those are like $80, while some can be as much as $200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts