Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTS's right turn signal seems to be in hyperdrive. Meaning, it blinks/clicks about 3 times as fast as my left turn signal. All turn signal lights are working when I turn my hazards on, and they function at normal speeds. However when I turn just the right signal on it freaks out.

I think I need to either reset or replace the fuse for the right signal?

Am I correct?
Where is it located?
How do I go about resetting/replacing that?

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
I'd check all the bulbs again in the turning mode, not the emergency light mode. Maybe you overlooked a bulb. Also the front DRL is the signal bulb so be sure when the car is in drive, that both DRLs are working.

·
Registered
CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All blubs work, the DRLs (which I'm assuming are the amber lights up front) don't light up when I'm in drive. They light up when I individually turn my signals on, again however, the right turning signal is about 3 times as fast.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I actually had an issue similar to this.

Only the left turn signal would "hyper-flash". Granted, I had LED turn signals installed with load resistors. Then after I parked and turned the car off, an hour later I go drive it again and it's fine. No "hyper-flash". Problem hasn't come back since. This happened about a year ago.

I know that doesn't help your current situation, but I just thought I'd chime in with my little experience.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L, 2012 CTS AWD Coupe Premium
32 Posts
This is happening to me, too, but intermittently. My right side turn signal started rapid flashing during a lane change. When I parked, I saw that the DRL on right side was out.

OK. Need to change the bulb. (I had done the left side a few months ago so this was not a surprise.) No big deal.

However, after doing this one or two more times that same day, it is now working again just fine! (And has been for nearly a week.)

Is the bulb dying and just for now making a connection? And would just a bulb do that?

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
One of your blinker bulbs could be starting to malfunction, but not totally dead. Change your blinker bulbs and make sure they are solidly "clicked" in place in the front and rear and I'll bet you problem goes away.

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
Longsnapper is correct. There are two different modes the bulbs go in, one of them is half way dead. I just changed my L taillight which would glow when the headlamps were turned on, but not when the brake pedal was pressed. A new bulb fixed the problem. (Blinkers and taillight are the same 3157 bulb)

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L, 2012 CTS AWD Coupe Premium
32 Posts
Good to know that the bulbs are the same. Thanks!

And very glad to know that that is likely all this is. Silly car makes me paranoid sometimes.

Appreciate the help, guys.

·
Registered
2007 cadillac cts
14 Posts
I know this post is old but I hope I get an answer. My cts blinker light started staying glowing after each use, I've checked the bulbs and they're all working just fine, what else could it be?

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
867 Posts
A lighting expert once told me about an important aspect of car bulbs. Check the receptors and the contacts. A slightly misaligned receptor contact can cause a bulb to arc, when full contact is not made. That causes flickering, overheating of the filament, and even for the plastic insulators to melt. Knowing that, by using a fine tool to pry the contacts out more to assure full contact, I have turned a troublesome light, to become a long lasting one.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6
1 Posts
Please help!!! My left turn signal works whenever it feels like it. I've had the bulb and wiring replaced twice and it's still doing the same thing. It will work fine for maybe two or three turns, then nothing. Sometimes when I turn it on it just clicks really fast like it's blinking, but nothing's actually happening. I'm in dire straights due to the fact that I've almost been hit several times since this started happening. I'm afraid that one of these times might not be an almost, so if there's any help you can provide...that would be great. If not, I suppose I'll just have to face my worst nightmare and take it to the Cadillac place here.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
MRSRMILLS said:
Please help!!! My left turn signal works whenever it feels like it. I've had the bulb and wiring replaced twice and it's still doing the same thing. It will work fine for maybe two or three turns, then nothing. Sometimes when I turn it on it just clicks really fast like it's blinking, but nothing's actually happening. I'm in dire straights due to the fact that I've almost been hit several times since this started happening. I'm afraid that one of these times might not be an almost, so if there's any help you can provide...that would be great. If not, I suppose I'll just have to face my worst nightmare and take it to the Cadillac place here.
You had all three bulbs replaced? There is one in the rear and two in the front. One facing forward and is in the same housing as the fog light and one facing the side and is located in the bumper cover.

3157, I believe, is the size/type for the rear and front facing ones. And 194 for the side facing one in the front bumper cover.

If all three have been replaced, were there any signs of rust or what not in the sockets where the bulbs went? If so, then the sockets needs to be replaced.

If all of that has been done, then I suggest the blinker module. Which is located above the foot cover on the drivers side. Basically next to the steering column. You may turn the four way flashers on to sense where the module is located. I know it's mounted on a small shelf. But I can't remember if it's clamped on or Velcro on.

KOT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts