Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS 3.6 Luxury
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever experienced their turn signal going silent intermittently? Mine has recently.

12,778 Posts
Hello mbarrad,

I can understand how your turn signal going silent would be concerning. Have you spoken to your dealership about this, or has it started to occur just recently? I would be happy to look into this from my end if you could please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
14 CTS 2.0T, (traded 08 CTS 3.6)
136 Posts
Mine also does this, as did my last CTS. Never bothered me much so I never looked into the reason, but you're not the only one.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
Has anyone ever experienced their turn signal going silent intermittently? Mine has recently.
Turn signal sounds are processed via the audio system in late model Cadillacs and other GM vehicles. The problem you and others describe could be caused by a borderline signal continuity issue on one or more connector pins at the vehicle's multi-channel audio amplifier. I'd be checking all the connectors at the amplifier, seeing what the individual connector pins look like - whether any of them are pushed back or if any pins show signs of surface oxidation (makes for degraded continuity). The action of removing and then re-applying all connectors could in itself correct the problem. When removing connectors at the amplifier make sure everything is switched OFF in the vehicle.

Another potential cause (and fix for the problem) is the audio amplifier itself, which may need to be re-programmed or replaced.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
140 Posts
Took my car in to the dealer this morning for the musty smell and the silent turn signal. Will let you know what results.

·
Registered
14' CTS 3.6
41 Posts
mbarrad said:
I had this issue awhile ago the dealer had to reprogram the BCM which corrected the problem. However, recently I noticed it start to happen again.

12,778 Posts
Took my car in to the dealer this morning for the musty smell and the silent turn signal. Will let you know what results.
Hello DriveOn,

Glad to see you are working with your dealership to address these concerns. Please let us know how everything goes and if the dealership handles the issues to your satisfaction. If you would like and additional layer of assistance at any time during the resolution process, please feel free to PM me.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I had this issue awhile ago the dealer had to reprogram the BCM which corrected the problem. However, recently I noticed it start to happen again.
Hi Cdubs33,

I know how frustrating it is for a problem to reoccur after repairs, and I apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced as a result. If you are looking to head back to the dealership, send a PM my way with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information, and I can reach out to them on your behalf.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

please let us know about the musty smell..
Good morning Eddie howard,

I know I’ve reached out to you before, but I just wanted to reiterate that I would be happy to discuss the musty smell in your CTS-V and your options working with a dealership. If you are interested, please PM me at your earliest convenience.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
140 Posts
Going to get my car from the dealer now: they can't duplicate the turn signal problem - no codes stored, no this or that, they checked out some connections, they haven't heard of the problem before - so we've at least started 'the process'. And to be fair I think the dealer is trying to help rather than just ignoring the problem. For the musty smell: no drain blockage, no other physical signs of a problem - so they have activated the after-blow functionality. We'll see and I'll report back.

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
996 Posts
When I had my '08 CTS-4 Sedan, the silent turn signal symptom occurred a few times. It would not repeat for the dealer. My service writer suggested that when it occurs, turn the engine completely off, wait one minute and re-start. When it occurred again, I did as he suggested, and it solved the problem. He said it was akin to re-booting a computer (?) and unless it occurred on a more regular basis, he would not yet re-program the BCM or whatever. It did not occur for the next year and a half that I continued to own that car. Hope this may be helpful.

·
Registered
2014 cts 3.6L premium awd
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2014. Dealer said bring it in. Will do that when next service is due.

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
244 Posts
Not a new issue to GM. Our 2012 Buick Enclave does the same thing. Too intermittent to diagnose.

·
Registered
none now, but will look at CT5. 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T. Former 14 ATS 3.6
218 Posts
I have had this happen a few times in my ATS. When it happens, nothing comes out of the speakers: blinkers, stereo, etc.

·
Registered
2014 cts
19 Posts
One one at any dealer of OEM wanted to listen to the suggestion I had on how to optimize the cue short comings? Do you know on an official or other channel to accomplish this?

·
Registered
2012 CTS
6 Posts
Has there been an updated solution for this fix? I am taking my car to the dealership on Saturday but I am afraid they wont know how to fix it.

·
Registered
2019 XT4
7 Posts
My car has also recently started doing this - just the blinkers and the emergency flashers - no issue with the radio. First it was just now and then, but in the last couple of days it is now about 90% of the time. I find it very annoying and possibly a bit dangerous. I, too, would appreciate an update on this issue.

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
My car has also recently started doing this - just the blinkers and the emergency flashers - no issue with the radio. First it was just now and then, but in the last couple of days it is now about 90% of the time. I find it very annoying and possibly a bit dangerous. I, too, would appreciate an update on this issue.
^ jem202 & all - As a way to address this issue I would be asking the dealer to reprogram your audio amplifier with latest available software using TIS2WEB and Tech 2.
The same (or very similar) issue would sometimes occur on the '08-'09 CTS and GM raised TSB #08-08-44-031A because of it. Here are the main points from that TSB:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TSB #08-08-44-031A - No Audio from Radio, Door Ajar Chime and Turn Signal Click Clack Inoperative During Key Cycle - Audio Returns After Vehicle is Turned Off for Several Minutes (Reprogram Audio Amplifier) - (Mar 24, 2009)

Models:
2008-2009 Cadillac CTS, Escalade Models, SRX

Condition:
Some customers may comment on the following concerns during a key cycle. The audio returns after the vehicle is turned off for several minutes (10 minutes or more). This allows the amplifier to shut down completely and reset.
• No audio from the radio.
• Door ajar chime inoperative.
• Turn signal click clack sound inoperative.

Correction:
Do This: Reprogram the audio amplifier with the latest software available on TIS2WEB.
Don't Do This: Do not replace the audio amplifier or radio for these conditions.

A revised calibration has been developed to address these conditions. Technicians are to reprogram the audio amplifier using TIS2WEB and selecting "Amplifier Software Update (RPO STZ or Y91 only)". Refer to the Audio Amplifier Programming and Setup procedure in SI for more information. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2014 cts
19 Posts
4th trip to the dealer for intermitent mute turn signals. My work around is stop the car, turn off, open door which usually works......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts