Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Turn Signal Chime-Anyone know how to disable?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  C0RSA1R 
#1 ·
I have a 1990 and a 1991 Seville. Both have the digital dash and both have a turn signal chime. These things chime the entire time either turn signal is activated. VERY annoying!:( Does anyone know how I can disable this? There is nothing wrong with any of the turn signals. All are operating properly. No burned out bulbs and it does also have a indicator on the dash that is working OK too. Any ideas?? Thanks

#2 ·
Just unplug the module, but you won't get a warning chime for anything else then, if you can live with that. All the fuses have other needed things on the same circuit so can't remove any of those. Anyway, the module is a cubical type box (I'm guessing about 3 X 3 X 4 maybe ) located inside the dash over the radio. Remove the glove compartment to get at the plug.

my 92 deville has chimes for many things but doesn't have a "turn signal" one. That would grate on my nerves too. they must've discontinued it on the later models.

#6 ·
Really, you got that out of a 1990 Seville? Sounds more like my college dorm room with comical sound effects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.