Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn of the running lights or do it manually, cause I hate to warm up the Escalade in the morning with the lights just goes on automatically. I have a 2000 Escalade.

DeL2:elvis1:

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
I know in my 03' the daytime running lights go on when you put the truck in gear, if you turn the headlight knob to the far left this will disable your daytime running lights, you will need to do this each time you start your truck if you want to turn them off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is that I do Have off all they way to the left and when I start the truck, the running lights automatically turns on, am I doing something wrong?

Del:suspect:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know in my 01 Denali if I kept the parking brake on, the running lights would stay off. That was the only way to keep them off, have the truck in park with the parking brake pushed down... maybe the 00 escalade is the same?? the 03 escalade has the option of turning the headlight knob to the left to turn off the lights but I think that is new for 03 or at least 02. Interestingly that feature does not work on trucks made in Canada because of different regulations. Weird, eh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
skaha said:
I know in my 01 Denali if I kept the parking brake on, the running lights would stay off. That was the only way to keep them off, have the truck in park with the parking brake pushed down... maybe the 00 escalade is the same?? the 03 escalade has the option of turning the headlight knob to the left to turn off the lights but I think that is new for 03 or at least 02. Interestingly that feature does not work on trucks made in Canada because of different regulations. Weird, eh?

I have a '00 Escalade. The manual states you can bypass the headlights by using the above mentioned parking brake technique. That's the only way I know of bypassing the lights. You might want to do a google search for "bypass daytime running lights" or something like that. There may be other ways to get around it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
del2 said:
Is there a way to turn of the running lights or do it manually, cause I hate to warm up the Escalade in the morning with the lights just goes on automatically. I have a 2000 Escalade.

DeL2:elvis1:
Del2, I don't know if the '00 is the same as the '02 or not, but the '02 has a "Dome Light Override" button next to the headlight switch. If you push that 4 times, it disables the auto headlamps. :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think I've tried the dome light ovrride trick once before, and it didn't work. DOes your '02 manual state that in there? The '00 doesn't say anything about that. Damn, that sucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The '02 book has it in there. Our '04 has a different system. You can turn them off with the headlight switch. That's about all I know on this...good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
GumbyClayman