Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVEGOT A 2013 CADILLAC ATS 2.0 TURBO, 85,000 MILES-getting codes p0236(TURBO BOOST SENSOR A CIRCUIT RANGE PERFORMANCE) ,p0238(TURBO BOOST SENSOR A CIRCUIT HIGH),p2227 (BARO SENSOR PERFORMANCE). ive inspected all wiring to MAF, and IAT and all looks fine. any ideas? THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
IVEGOT A 2013 CADILLAC ATS 2.0 TURBO, 85,000 MILES-getting codes p0236(TURBO BOOST SENSOR A CIRCUIT RANGE PERFORMANCE) ,p0238(TURBO BOOST SENSOR A CIRCUIT HIGH),p2227 (BARO SENSOR PERFORMANCE). ive inspected all wiring to MAF, and IAT and all looks fine. any ideas? THANKS!

Did you ever find out the issue ?

·
Registered
2017 ATS Premium Luxury
90 Posts
MAF = mass air flow. IAT = intake air temperature. Neither of which are the “boost” sensor. Check your MAP sensor(s). MAP = manifold absolute pressure. Some boosted engines have multiple sensors at different points in the intake tract. Not sure about the LTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Cadillac ATS multi sensor codes. Finally figured it out after 3 days of head banging. Recalled fixing a Mercedes 1998 e300 in which the trans harness connector seal went out and allowed the fluid to be syphoned up the wires into the trans PCM and causing a major short.
Well well well ! Fast forward 2013 and Cadillac duplicates the same incredible flaw. It seems the valve cover gaskets cheap silicone rtv gave way and allowed oil to leak landing on top of the wire harness connector causing it to be syphoned to the PCM shorting out the these pins !
I removed the PCM and cleaned it and the harness and car ran like a champ. Before it wouldn't start and if it did , very roughly with no power. Dont have time to reseal the valve cover gasket yet and told my friend to bring it back in a couple weeks.
Cant believe Cadillac would engineer a car with such a major flaw. If it went to the dealer, I'm very certain they would have charged him for a new PCM and harness.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts