Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 escalade ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 escalade EXT 13,000 miles. Thinking about placing twin turbos. Anyone
with any feedback or experience? Thank you ! Gary

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
618 Posts
I have a 2012 escalade EXT 13,000 miles. Thinking about placing twin turbos. Anyone
with any feedback or experience? Thank you ! Gary
Before I would start down that rabbit hole, what's your experience? Based on that YMMV...

·
Registered
2012 escalade ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned several performance type automobiles. Have noticed every one that had turbos performed well
and got better mpg.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
618 Posts
I have owned several performance type automobiles. Have noticed every one that had turbos performed well
and got better mpg.
Cool, so yeah if you're more of a driver than a fabricator take it to hennessey http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/escalade-62-hpe1000.html. As far as I know they are the only shop doing commercial installs of TT setups for the escalade. Everything will will require massive amounts of fabrication and skill.

And yes turbo cars are usually solid performers, but the primary reasons they get slightly better gas than their NA counterparts is they are usually lower compression motors so use less fuel while out of boost. You will not improve fuel economy by turbocharging a high compression engine, you're more likely to lose overall economy due to the fuel burned during acceleration, fuel economy improvements in low compression turbo charged cars are only realized out of boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts