Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my spark plugs yesterday on my 98 cadillac and it drove find. When I got in it just morning for some reason it wouldn't fire and I did notice that oil was in one of the spark plug hole and I didn't change wires...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,551 Posts
Re: Tuneup

Oil in one or more plug wells is common and normal. The well is sealed by an O-ring - they weep over time.

Clean your coils and ICM, and make sure the ICM ground terminals are clean and tight.

Use this to make sure the coils are connected to the correct plugs............. and you probably needed to install a new plug wireset. The expensive Delco one in RockAuto. Of course, you used the AC Delco Platinum #41-950 plugs.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,795 Posts
How about the spark plug wires? Those old wires do not like to be moved around. If they are original, they're overdue.

·
Super Moderator
86,795 Posts
They'd have to be pretty bad to prevent it from starting, but it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
86,795 Posts
Can't go by looks. When mine gave me a problem on my '97, they looked like new.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I need to remove the power wire from inside the rubber tubing and feel??? Well right now in bout to pull the starter out and get it tested already took intake off...

·
Super Moderator
86,795 Posts
No, you ohm the wires one by one and check the resistance. Mine checked out OK, but the misfire persisted. Once I replaced the wires it went away.
That said, I doubt that wires are the cause of your no start right after a plug replacement.
Did you replace the plugs one at a time so as not to cross any wires?
Since it started right after you replaced the plugs, it is almost assuredly self inflicted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts