Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know I don't want a handheld. I'm wanting to purchase EFI live or something comparable. What do you guys suggest and why?

Looking at EFI's site I see a V1 and V2. I want to be able to scan and tune multiple GM vehicles. How hard is it to learn how to properly use one of these? I see you can purchase extra licenses to scan and tune more than one vehicle so I'm assuming this means you can only do one vehicle with the tool unless you buy additional pcm or VIN licenses...

Is this something I could try to learn on my own or could this be dangerous to my car?

any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the way your thinking, Stuckey. I'll buy efi live and you can cover the dyno ;)
haha somehow i think i/m getting the short end of the stick here

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Redline
136 Posts
I've got the room for the dyno in the shop. I'll even let you use it wghen ever you want, sounds like a good deal to me

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the room for the dyno in the shop. I'll even let you use it wghen ever you want, sounds like a good deal to me
:histeric: I really do wish I had the cash! I've got the room in my shop for a dyno but where would I put the rest of my stuff:hmm:? How about you build me a bigger shop and buy the dyno I'll buy and learn EFI Live. Then you can come down to Tallassee, AL and use it and I'll do unlimited retunes for you for free...'

224x model is only $22,500

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Redline
136 Posts
On a more serious note, I started looking into EFI Live and figured out I wouldn't be able to check out what I was doing with the seat of the pants. I'd love to play around with it when you get it.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We shall see. I gotta figure out the best way to learn this program...then apparently find a dyno to use on a regular basis close to home.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
www.efi101.com

I would take the courses, but i am way over here...And its in your neck of the woods...

EFI is one of the best, but i am guessin half the time, so i have small sucess stories. Take the course and get the system...Then bug them about havin it taped (the course) and i will buy it...

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
EFIlive isnt that hard to use at all. The hard part is, just knowing/ understanding the computer being used in each car and how/what it takes to make that computer do what you want it to do correctly..

Engine is just air, fuel, and spark..... How you get it those things is what matters..

I Use EFILive every day. It is by far the best choice out there for tuners. :) For these cars tuning is a piece of cake, Simple. But engines with four variable adjustment cams, and dual runner per per cly, they are a little more complicated. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
923 Posts
Jes when you walked me through that crank relearn with EFI, I was scared to even touch a button. I consider myself somewhat computer savy but good lord the tabs/button/settings/readings/....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts