Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, tried searching but it wasn't working at the time.

What options are available for tuning. Do any companies offer a "canned" tune thats worth anything for these CTS-V's? Just picked one up, and all it has so far is a K&N intake, and Corsa exhaust.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Find a local Corvette, GTO or F Body performance shop and have them tune it.

·
Registered
NONE
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything to be gained over the stock tune with the minor mods I have. I have a shop in mind actually called PSI. I haven't had any work done by them, but took my mustang there before and after I build my motor and it seemed like a pretty solid place. But I don't want to waste money, so I wanted to make sure there is something to be had over the factory tune.

·
Registered
2004 Black CTS V
146 Posts
IMO NO if the car is running right to begin with. If it is commanding the high octane spark tables I do not see the increase in power most say they get from a tune. I suspect that most are on the low octane tables and copying the HO tables down and boom, they pick up their 15-20 HP.
Removing Torq Management does make the car feel stronger.

Car should make 325-335 as it sits, not until you really change some things will it pick up, ie headers.

check out www.v8muscle.net

Anything to be gained over the stock tune with the minor mods I have. I have a shop in mind actually called PSI. I haven't had any work done by them, but took my mustang there before and after I build my motor and it seemed like a pretty solid place. But I don't want to waste money, so I wanted to make sure there is something to be had over the factory tune.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
12 Posts
You are pretty limited with the "canned" tune handhelds. A good tuner will go through all of the maps and tables and Ive seen some legitimate power under the curve and driveability improvements (throttle response, flattened torque cureve) with no other mods. But that all depends on how good of a tuner you have...

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V
55 Posts
Is there any chance the ECU would "lose" a custom tune? May be a silly question, but always concerned about spending the money and then down the road losing it, for whatever reason...Also, I wonder how it affects smog.

so, what about one of those SCT handhelds that can store custom tunes...do you think it would be worth it to have one of those + a custom (dyno) tune, so that you always have the oem one, for whatever reason?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts