Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally like either the Bosch Platinum + 4 or NGK platinum plugs I fould have given me the best service & reliability (and Bosch wires). Like others have said.....change everything at one time (fuel filter, PCV valve, O2 sensor - get Bosch, air filter, injector flush etc). Might also want to consider a engine coolant flush (use prestone Long Life coolant - the red stuff), change the cerpintine belt (GM part is good). I also would do a tranny tune up as well.....change filter & perhaps even put in Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. As for the gasoline issue, try using Sunoco Ultra 94 a couple of times.......I've read study's on the net & elsewhere that the Sunoco 94 has the lowest sulphur content PPM (parts per million) of ANY fuel out there, & therefor will burn the cleanest with the highest octane to boot! Hope this helps & good luck! :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Max2001 said:
I personally like either the Bosch Platinum + 4 or NGK platinum plugs I fould have given me the best service & reliability (and Bosch wires). Like others have said.....change everything at one time (fuel filter, PCV valve, O2 sensor - get Bosch, air filter, injector flush etc). Might also want to consider a engine coolant flush (use prestone Long Life coolant - the red stuff), change the cerpintine belt (GM part is good). I also would do a tranny tune up as well.....change filter & perhaps even put in Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. As for the gasoline issue, try using Sunoco Ultra 94 a couple of times.......I've read study's on the net & elsewhere that the Sunoco 94 has the lowest sulphur content PPM (parts per million) of ANY fuel out there, & therefor will burn the cleanest with the highest octane to boot! Hope this helps & good luck! :bouncy:
Good info!
How would you do an injector flush

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JJhomer83 said:
Good info!
How would you do an injector flush

A lot of shops today have a special injector flush machine & they hook it up to the vehicle and basically blow the injectors clean with a high pressure, special concentrated cleaner (which will not harm the injectors in any way). The price varies I'm sure so shop around, unless you already have a regular mechanic that has this machine, hope this helps!
:)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Max2001 said:
A lot of shops today have a special injector flush machine & they hook it up to the vehicle and basically blow the injectors clean with a high pressure, special concentrated cleaner (which will not harm the injectors in any way). The price varies I'm sure so shop around, unless you already have a regular mechanic that has this machine, hope this helps!
:)
ok ill ask my mechanic later today when i see him later today. Ill post what i noticed on monday thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
JJhomer83