Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question...where is cylinder's 5 & 7? I'm trying to understand the order the coil packs are lined in. I found the firing order, but I need the number to each coil. Can someone help me or direct me to the appropriate diagram? I NEED to see which is cylinder 5 & 7!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX
106 Posts
On a V8 chevy Drivers side ..front is #1 followed to the firewall by #3..#5 then #7. Passenger side from the front is #2..#4..#6..and #8 at the very back passenger side at the firewall. thats a V8 chevy since 1955:)

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great! Thanks for the info...I did my plugs and wires and still nothing. Then switched my cylinder 5 & 7 coils to see if the misfire move to cylinder 7. It's STILL at cylinder 5...what would possibly be next?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade EXT , 2007 SRX
106 Posts
pull your plug wire off the spark plug at #5..inset a paper clip into the end..start the truck and hold close to engine block and see if you get a nice fat spark from it to the block..if not you probably have a dead coil.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, nhramike57 please clarify your instructions....I don't get it. I just want to make sure I don't connect the wrong thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts