Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wad up peeps.
Anyone know of any decent shops in los Angeles or orange county? I'm looking to tune my car, nothing crazy. Typically a good rounded performance shop. I've been looking into pre tunes like diablo tune and such but not sure about it. Not looking to break the bank.

[ I don't know how I feel with the ZZP tune. I definitely can't send in my interface, and buying a new core seems expensive, on top of that, I need to rent a pc and buy hp tuner. It's about $1200 without a new core. ]

Another thing, CA has some bs emission laws... everything I try to order declines me because I'm in California...any tribal knowledge you can share?? My turbo comes with a diverter valve, I went to order a new one but they classified it as a blow off valve. As far as I remember, they aren't the same.

Anyways, I appreciate anyone who read this. Hopefully there's some folks here in Cali that know what's up 馃

Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury

Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
Make sure whoever you get to tune the car is intimately familiar with the platform, the LTG is temperamental and things can go bad quickly if not done properly. I recommend joining a group called The LTG Project on Facebook, there are 2 very highly recommended tuners who participate in that community (and it is an actual community, people are kind and mature there), and they will be able to accommodate your circumstances and make you safe reliable power.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure whoever you get to tune the car is intimately familiar with the platform, the LTG is temperamental and things can go bad quickly if not done properly. I recommend joining a group called The LTG Project on Facebook, there are 2 very highly recommended tuners who participate in that community (and it is an actual community, people are kind and mature there), and they will be able to accommodate your circumstances and make you safe reliable power.
Thanks for the info! I just purchased the zzp throttle body and big wheel turbo. If I install them, can I get some good gains without a tune? I want to add as much as I can without tuning until it's necessary.

Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
Thanks for the info! I just purchased the zzp throttle body and big wheel turbo. If I install them, can I get some good gains without a tune? I want to add as much as I can without tuning until it's necessary.
Unfortunately the factory torque management system will cancel out any noticeable gains you would get from bolt-on parts. Not worth spending a bunch of money on parts without a tune from what I've read.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately the factory torque management system will cancel out any noticeable gains you would get from bolt-on parts. Not worth spending a bunch of money on parts without a tune from what I've read.
Hmm good to know. They way zzp makes it sound is that I can install just like the oem with no upgrades. I'd think because the Internal of the turbo is bigger I'd get more boost naturally. (like how you can add other bolt ons and feel improvements with a tune)

So you think without a tune, I'd have the same power as the oem turbo?

Thanks again !

Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 6-sp Premium
So you think without a tune, I'd have the same power as the oem turbo?
I don't think the issue is power. You would probably still get more without a tune, but the problem is the fueling. It's computer controlled, and while it might be able to compensate to a certain degree, all that extra air getting forced in could mean you start to run lean. And lean = hot, which is not something this engine (or any engine, really) likes. That is where you could get into trouble.

Registered
2013 ATS 2.0 6-sp Premium
Makes sense, but considering its still oem in a way d you think that the intercooler can still cool it anyways. I know alot of things are designed for a certain point by typically can handle more
It's not really about the temperature of the air going in, but more about the temperature of air/fuel mixture once it combusts. Cooler air will help a little bit, but if the air/fuel mixture is lean, it will not make enough of a difference to keep the heat from building up. Combustion chamber temperature is usually modified by changes to mixture, as making it richer will cool things much better than ambient air temps (which also can't be controlled the way mixture can). Also, the OEM system is always going to keep things on the leaner side to improve fuel mileage and reduce emissions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts