Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'08 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've got the bumper dropped and headlights removed. One headlight is ripped apart and strewn across the garage. I'm looking to install dual (upper & lower) halos, a high-beam projector, and low beam HID's inside the base model headlight (2008 CTS).
Every step has been a nightmare so far (seized bolts, stubborn headlight lens, new part alignment). I've got everything just about ready, but I'm not sure what to tap into to power the Halos. I'm looking to have them on anytime the car is on.
I'm not sure if there is any bulb in the headlight that receives a 12V supply (night or day) because I forgot to figure that out before i took everything apart :\. Is it possible that there is a point such of this inside the headlight (maybe the Amber LED side marker lights located on the outer-side of the headlight assembly?)?
If not, then I'll need to find somewhere to tap into a wire that receives 12V whenever the ignition in the car has been turned on. I'm not sure where to locate this either.
If you know this information it would be much appreciated, could very well save me endless trial and error problems on this project.

Another concern that I have involves the low-beam HID conversion. Would I be able to connect the default low-beam power connector to the ballast, then from the ballast to the HID bulb?
Or is there some electronic control on this car that reduces the low-beam voltage during different times of day? I could probably use a wiring harness to correct this issue but I'd rather avoid the situation entirely.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

RC

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
61 Posts
I don't know the fuze number, but on a base (non HID) headlight the DRL fuze is hot whenever the key is on. Even if the headlights are on or the DRL's are turned off by rolling the control back to you on the stick, I believe it always stays hot.

This gives you the option of using one of those little connectors that adds a 12v source directly from a particular fuze inside the fuze box.

This is my intention anyway, since I was planing on doing the very same thing as you. I'll link the Connector thing I'm talking about in a minute.

----------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QRSBW0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
'08 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuse #39 if i recall properly. Figure it out, few snags along the way but everything is done now!

----------

----------

Pretty successful, was a huge pain though. Car is in desperate need of a wash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts