Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS
14 Posts
So I got a '04 Cadillac CTS with a seized up engine that had only 125259 miles on it, but everything else is still in good working order. I have the luxury sports package so there is a lot of bells and whistles... 3.6 liter V6 engine (seized), RWD, traction control, ABS (4 wheel), Power steering, tilt steering wheel, wood grain on the shifter and doors and steering wheel, all leather seats, dual air bags plus front and rear side air bags, dual power seats with heated leather and adjustable lumbar support, powered sunroof, HID headlamps, air conditioning, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, powered rear view mirror, AM/FM stereo, 6 CD changer, after market aux input for iPod/mp3 player, Bose premium sound system with "10 subwoofer mounted below the rear window, xm satellite radio feature, navigation system, DVD player, on star, garage opener...

As I mentioned before, everything on and in the car works except for the engine. There is only minor cosmetic damage on the interior and outside of the car. I'm just trying to figure out what it's worth as a whole so I can sell it to someone that may want to put another engine into it. Please help.

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
I agree
A vehicle that does not function is usually scrap price for normal people.
3509# x $8 per hundred = 280.72

Seems there may be room there 2k to 4k if they can find and install a used motor or get very good deals on the motor and the mechanic.

·
Registered
2005 STS-4, 2003 CTS 3.2
194 Posts
The only person who buy's these is me - I fix em' & flip em or if I like em', keep em'

The engine install alone is well over a G in a half decent shop. A Cadi is no Honda to work on - I'll swap an engine in a Civic in half a day & charge 500 Bucks

·
Registered
2004 CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, this really helps guys, thanks! Much appreciated! Keep posting if you have any more good advice for me. Maybe a good place to try to sell it. I'm planning on putting it on craigslist soon.

·
Registered
2005 STS-4, 2003 CTS 3.2
194 Posts
Yeah, craigslist about covers it

Where are you located? Not that I currently need another Lac. . . .lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts