Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V6
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When activating the remote trunk release is the trunk lid supposed to raise? Are the small struts on the lid there to hold the trunk lid up? My trunk seems really hard to open. Thanks, Tracy :)

·
Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
2,439 Posts
You have to raise the lid after the latch releases. The struts are there to hold the lid open. Mine is not really hard to open, but isn't spring-assisted like my previous cars.

·
Registered
2005 STS V6
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Chaz! My trunk is hard for me to open...but then again I am only 5'2'' and 105 lbs... LOL....Do you think I should replace the trunk struts? It just seems so heavy to lift up.

·
Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
2,439 Posts
Can't be sure unless I were to try it myself. Maybe swing by a dealer and have them take a look, or try another car to see if it feels the same to you.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,295 Posts
Please forgive me. I didn't realize I was in the presence of a princess.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
21 Posts
Hi HiYall-

My car has a spoiler and it takes some effort to raise the trunk. My wife's car doesn't have a spoiler and it opens easily, but not by itself. I don't know if can get stronger shocks but you might check with Rippy or one of the other site sponsers.

Please ignore any less than thoughtful comments. You are welcome here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts