Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the board and have a problem with my 94 Seville. The trunk release will not work from the switch in the glove box nor the remote. Where do I look for the problem?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
cacmanjr said:
Hi. I am new to the board and have a problem with my 94 Seville. The trunk release will not work from the switch in the glove box nor the remote. Where do I look for the problem?
Welcome to the forums :welcome:
Well the first place to look is the fuse box. I think that yours should be in the trunk or the engine compartment. Find the fuse for the trunk release and see if that is blown. If it is then your "GOLDEN" if not then we'll go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the super quick replies, guys. I have checked all the fuses I can find (in the engine compartment and the trunk) and I can't find any blown but neither can I find one that says "trunk release" or anything similar. I will try getting to the latch in the deck lid. Thanks again!

T

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem, but mine is a 97 seville

the fuse for the trunk is part of the Convience fuse , and it powers like 15 different things including door locks and windows, which all work fine.

which means its not a fuse problem, but somewhere there should be a seperate relay for the trunk release, where ? I don't know

Also my Fuel door release does not work and they both stopped at the same time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TimPic said:
I have the same problem, but mine is a 97 seville

the fuse for the trunk is part of the Convience fuse , and it powers like 15 different things including door locks and windows, which all work fine.

which means its not a fuse problem, but somewhere there should be a seperate relay for the trunk release, where ? I don't know

Also my Fuel door release does not work and they both stopped at the same time.
Same thing happened to me today. Both fuel door release and trunk stopped working. Also, garage door release stopped working. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m embarrassed to say the valet switch was on. Turn the valet switch off and everything work just fine. Just goes to show you, don’t let your kids use your Caddy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I disconnected my valet switch during a dvd install in the glove box, and my car is now stuck in valet mode. I tested switch ,short in off ,open in on. Please help, my dealer sez I void warranty cause I messed with it. Thanks-Black Deville

1 - 9 of 9 Posts