Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 3.6 Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason starting this morning the trunk release button on the inside of the driver door stopped working. The electrical gremlins are at it again!

12,821 Posts
Illini333, I just saw your thread when I returned to the office this morning after the weekend and I'm sorry you were experiencing this frustration. Are you still having concerns?

If you would like further assistance, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
ATS 3.6 Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like a lot of my electrical issues, they are temporary. When I went to the car at the end of the day it worked fine. Today I went to get the car washed and afterward the lights on the steering wheel were out. Low and behold later on when I went back to the car they were on again. I thought German cars were known for electrical gremlins .......

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
Well it could be worse. Mine just started acting up and I cannot open the trunk at all. It won't open from the inside button, or the fob and the rear trunk button will not open it. The only way was to put down both rear seats and pull the inside handle. The electrics appear to work at the trunk, but the latch apparently is not working and acts like it is stuck. Very hard to shut the trunk, which requires a slamming effort on the trunk. So I think mine is mechanical in nature. Time to swing by the dealer.

Does yours open up with the trunk button and the fob? If so the electrical switch is malfunctioning. Good luck.

·
Registered
ATS 3.6 Premium
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mine opens fine with the fob and the trunk button on the trunk lid. The weird thing is the problem keeps coming and going. I wish it would just fail so it can be fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts