Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done putting in my new 12inch sub, and now my trunk and license plate rattle like hell. What can stop this? i was thinking dynomat, would covering my trunk it in be the best thing? oh and iam up to 7 speakers now, started with 4, hehe.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Go in there and do a visual check.... Start banging around to see if there are any fasteners......

Making sure everything is tight would be the first thing to check....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had the same problem with my "system" car back in the day! I used dynomat exteme on ALL metal surfaces. Then, in the gaps hear the rear wheel well and on the trunk lid, i used NON EXPANDING spray foam, if you use expanding foam, it will warp your panels. After all this is said and done, i will promise you nore more rattles in your caddy!
Frank

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You can even put some of that dynamat stuff inside your doors and it will make your car OODLES quieter!!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. Where can i get that foam? and oodles? had to come from the import guy :nyanya: just messin with ya.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so where can i get that foam?

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
Home Depot carrys the Foam, it comes in a spray can, you can also use thick foam weatherstrip behind your Liscense plate to quiet it down > The Dynamat Extreme is a little pricey but it does work very well, they sell "Trunk Kits" for your application > You can also use Rubberized Undercoating in the spray can > Auto Zone and Pep Boyz both carry it > I think i would start there and see how it does first, then your not out so much $$$ :spin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts