Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment set up to take care of a lot of electronic gremlins Monday morning. Memory seats, phone disconnecting, pandora freezing, back up cam stay on, cue freezing, back up sensors locking the car from moving, stumble at idle, knocking in hvac, and the trunk opening by itself. The trunk has me concerned the most. 5 times now I've come out to my car in a parking lot and the trunk is wide open... Just curious if anyone else is having this issue?

·
Registered
ATS
15 Posts
Happened twice to me so far, maybe the fob is extra sensitive. Good thing there's no pass through in the back seat :)

·
Registered
ATS4 Turbo
197 Posts
It's happened twice to me. I started putting my fob in my jacket pocket instead of my pants and it hasn't done it since, so I assumed it was me.

·
Registered
ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yplus said:
It's happened twice to me. I started putting my fob in my jacket pocket instead of my pants and it hasn't done it since, so I assumed it was me.
I though it was the same, so I started keeping the fob in my jacket pocket as well. It happened still.

12,778 Posts
Its an ATS, I hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome of your dealer trip today! If you would like Customer Service to step in at any point to follow up with your dealer, please email me at [email protected], and I can explore your next steps with you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
Its an ATS, I hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome of your dealer trip today! If you would like Customer Service to step in at any point to follow up with your dealer, please email me at [email protected], and I can explore your next steps with you.

Best,

Katie
Thanks Katie.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven
36 Posts
I've had this happen to me 3-4 times and I swear I never touched the button but it's been a couple of weeks since the last incident. Luckily I haven't kept anything really important inside.

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD WDT/LPB
158 Posts
Same here, happened a few times. Usually its when in my back pants pocket and I think I accidentaly triggered it. Has not happened in along time, but I keep it in jacket pockets typically.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Premium 6MT
3 Posts
I've gotten this a couple times too, though I only notice when I start the car and it pops up the alert. I'm almost certain this is due to accidental button pushes in my pocket--it doesn't happen when I position the key fob "just so". Even so, it would be nice to have a longer delay on the button so that it's harder to accidentally press.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Luxury
481 Posts
This happened to me also. I found that if I put my fob in a pocket with other things that the button is very easy to press. It happened when I put the fob in my pocket with my money clip. Now I keep the fob away from objects in my pocket and it never happens anymore. The reason I figure its me is my wife is the one who drives the car most of the time and she keeps here fob protected in her purse. It has never happened to her but it has happened a few times to me.

·
Registered
ATS4 2.0T
7 Posts
Trunk Opening on own

In the last few weeks my trunk has opened on its own. The first two times I was at home and just thought that maybe I forgot to close the trunk but today it happened at work and one of my fellow workers let me know that my trunk was open. I went out and closed it but I was able to have the security camera film checked and it just popped open on its own in the parking lot, this was nearly 2 hours of me being at work and I keep my keys on my desk which is hundreds of feet into the building away from my car. Before I contacted Cadillac I was wondering if any one else had the same issue?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT
15 Posts
Re: Trunk Opening on own

My trunk was curiously opened twice yesterday in the parking lot at work though I do a lot of moving around at work and sit on my keys so I thought maybe I just popped it myself.

12,778 Posts

In the last few weeks my trunk has opened on its own. The first two times I was at home and just thought that maybe I forgot to close the trunk but today it happened at work and one of my fellow workers let me know that my trunk was open. I went out and closed it but I was able to have the security camera film checked and it just popped open on its own in the parking lot, this was nearly 2 hours of me being at work and I keep my keys on my desk which is hundreds of feet into the building away from my car. Before I contacted Cadillac I was wondering if any one else had the same issue?
Hello crash30920,

That is a weird occurrence to have your trunk open randomly. Are you thinking of taking your vehicle into your dealership to discuss your concern? Please keep us updated on your situation!

Regards,

Laura M.

·
Registered
ATS4 2.0T
7 Posts

Hello crash30920,

That is a weird occurrence to have your trunk open randomly. Are you thinking of taking your vehicle into your dealership to discuss your concern? Please keep us updated on your situation!

Regards,

Laura M.
Hello Laura,

Yes I plan on bringing this to my dealers attention since I already have to bring up an issue with the chrome on the exhaust, which can best be described as textured and no longer having a chrome finish. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else having the issue and seeing what the dealer did for them,

Thanks,
Ken

1 - 20 of 47 Posts