Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
anybody know the correct way of putting the net on?
Basically lay the net out flat and take each of the four corner elastic loops and loop over each of the corresponding button like plastic gizmos that are attached to the trunk floor area. It is less than a two minute job. Or take to the dealer and have the salesman do it for you.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I'll bet someone here has one they will send you. No need to spend the $$. Any GM service dept should have one or two lying around. Ask the dealership mechanic who works on electrical (cause climbs in and out of trunk).

Anyone willing to send him one?

I used to have a few extra from LeSabres, but I gave them away. Heck, junk yards should have tons of them, as all GM models have them as an option.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
I use mine all the time.Leave it installed almost allthe tiem. Onlyreal exception is when We are going on a trip.

There are at least a couple of ways to install them.
I use the "hammock" method to bring home groceries.

First pix shows net unfolded. Take one corner loop and hook on upper hook. Leave middle loop undone.
Second pix shows what happens when you take the other corner loop and hook it on the same fitting. You end up with a hammock.
Just one little bag to show you the hammock effect.....but when you put lots of grocery bags in it it sags to the floor.

Keeps the groceries from sliding all over the place.

Attachments

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I eat all my grocs before I get home, esp the ice cream, pizza, cheetos, cream cheese, chips, ribs, yogurt, hot bread, orange juice, burgers, hot dogs, hot wings, pierogies, bleenies, italian sausage, cucumbers, carrots, beans, etc, etc. Hence, no need for net.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts