Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I got a 98 Candy-Apple Red STS that is bangin'! Every weekend that it is nice outside, I take her out and shine her up and floss her all over!

Now I am embarassed to floss her because the stupid taillamp on the trunk is out! I have no idea how to get to it. Please HELP! :crying2:

I tried to unscrew the two black plastic screw things and pull the taillamp off, but it won't budge. Please provide some instruction since the manual does not want to inform us how to fix a simple light on the trunk.

Thanks.

Oh by the way, I'm not talking about the brake light that lights up across the top of the trunk. It's the one that comes on when you turn the lights on.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey killer,

Nice car! I've got the exact same STS, right down to the paint :D

I'm a bit confused still as to which light you mean...I just replaced a bulb in one of my taillamps last week, & it was easy once I got some help here.

Try to describe which one in a little more detail.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If the retainers you screwed off were plastic and had a loop on them, those are for the trunk lid hold down bungee. From what I could tell, you're going to have to remove the trunk lid liner to get to the fasteners for the taillamps. You have to remove the bungee loops and then pry out the retainers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you remove the trunk lid liner without accidently breaking the the "snap" thingys.

I guess very gently, huh?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You get behind them with a wide screwdriver or something else similar and gently pry them out. I would just do the ones by the lamps first to see if it can be moved enough out of the way rather than ripping the whole thing out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
Jetillac