Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several threads about this and I am going to this myself, but I have yet to see any pics of this done. I believe it is an easy job to do and did this to another vehicle I owned in the past. I want to see other V owners ideas on how they mounted the battery in the trunk. Pictures is what I was really wanting to see. I already have the KIT I am going to use and just want to see what fellow V owners have done.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
What is this KIT?

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
i need this also... heat is tearing up that cover all of the time...

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The KIT I am going to use is just a mixture of different suff. I am going with Monster Cable 1 gauge back to front. Probably utilize a fuse block setup in the engine bay for future stereo mod. I want to use the spare tire cover, to look stock, so the Optima battery might not be an option. I also wanted to mount the N2O setup back there, too. I am not in a hurry and that is why I wanted to see how some others did it. Did anybody leave the divider back there?? battery on one side, nitrous on the other. Just a thought. Norm yours is pretty simple. So did you have to run the positive AND negative back to the front??

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
The - doesn't need to go up front, just to a good ground at the rear

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,718 Posts
...Norm yours is pretty simple. So did you have to run the positive AND negative back to the front??
Just ran the positive the length of the car. Ground the negative to the engine block where the wiring harness attaches too.

Norm

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
STKSHKR, not to get off my own topic, but is that a KARS III?? Your - in front, what do you have that connected to??

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
That is not a kars III Kars III is just a bolt in brace. stkshkr has the kars extreme or what ever its called. Its a whole different diff with custom work to make it fit.

The ground wire that was attached the to the battery should just get attached to a good chassis ground. Then in the trunk, run your ground wire from your batter to a good chassis ground. All set. The only wire than needs run to the back is your hot. Ground is ground. It doesn't matter were you hook it as long as it is bonded well.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
In a prior life I used to make up custom battery cables by the hundreds (maybe thousands, lost count).

Anyway, I can make one recommendation that should help out for the battery relocation. Head over to a local batteries plus if you have one handy. They should have in stock welding cable and proper ends, plus all of the crimpers and tools required to make a proper cable. They should be able to make up the proper cables for you including insulating boots, etc. Welding cable has much better insulation and protection, plus it's made up of smaller threads, and will be much more flexible.

If the local batteries plus can't help, try quickcable.com that's the source for batteries plus supplies. Quick Cables used to make custom cables as well.

Ron

P.S. stkshkr, those crimps look pretty weak.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH YEA, the KARS Extreme. I thought I saw that before (pics only), just did not recognize it. STKSHKR, NICE!!!!! I can only dream of that mod.

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Soldered and crimped with a real crimping tool, works great

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
247 Posts
Shame there isn't room for a dry sump where the battery used to live...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts