Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the switch is for the trunk light? When I open my trunk the light will come on until the trunk is half open. When the trunk lid opens any further it shuts off. I can close it until halfway again and it will come back on.

I am wondering if the light is controlled by a mercury switch or if I have a wiring short. Any help?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Id get up in there and play with some of the wires..... That should tell you if you have a wiring problem....

I dont know where the switch is...... Sorry... :(

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Sounds like a wire short to me. Maybe it's getting stretched or crimped when the trunk opens all the way?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Eldyfig said:
Thank you. If I get a chance tomorrow, I will check it out.
There's a switch for the light. probably mounted up by one of the hinges. From the picture I saw it looks like a plastic housing and Discount auto sells it for $5.50. So, I doubt that it's very durable. I'm thinking that as the arm moves, it rocks off contact. I hope it's that simple.
Bob

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the short. The ground wire for the light, coming from the trunk lid harness going into the big trunk harness on driver's side, was bare and barely hanging on. It is all fixed now. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Eldyfig