Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS 4 performance package
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replace the switch on my 2012 CTS and still not working. All other switches work fine. ( the trunk release on door and the fob both work fine ). Dealer wants $85 to diagnose the issue but it work guarantee results. Anyone had this issue before

·
Registered
2012 CTS 4 performance package
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have replace the switch on my 2012 CTS and still not working. All other switches work fine. ( the trunk release on door and the fob both work fine ). Dealer wants $85 to diagnose the issue but they wont guarantee results. Anyone had this issue before

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,888 Posts
The "membrane" style exterior trunk release (above rear license plate) has been known to fail. I would also inspect the wiring for breaks or damage.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
Use a multimeter to test for continuity to verify the replacement membrane switch is making contact properly. If it is, then as Long said, it's a wiring issue. Most likely where the wiring harness bends when the decklid is opened. Search the forum, it's a common issue and easily fixed.

If your idea of joining a broken wire is twisting the wires together and putting tape of a wire nut to hold them together, then best to have a professional make the repair as those methods will not last long in the mobile environment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts