Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XT5
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple weeks ago I had the car in the dealer to see why the battery went dead twice. They couldn't find any problem but they did a couple of software updates on the CUE and the trunk latch. The CUE seems a little more responsive and the climate page looks different. Anyway, I used to be able to walk up to the trunk and push the rubber button and the lid would open. Now it won't open that way even if I try to push the key fob trunk button. But will open if I push the button on the inside of the door. I thought I would have to bring it back to the dealer. Today I was sitting in the car and thought maybe if I hit the door unlock button first then push the rubber trunk button. Bingo, it works that way. The doors need to be unlocked before the external trunk button works. Must have been a change in the software update.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I can confirm that mine does not act that way at all...the trunk opens using the pad or remote when the car is locked. I just received another update for the cluster a week and a half ago and CUE was updated a few months back.

Just a thought but have you tried hitting the button/pad several times? (My 2015 XTS loaner had the 2 shot relay installed, had to hit the button/pad twice)

·
Registered
2017 XT5
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My theory was wrong. The trunk latch still doesn't work. How do you turn the valet mode on and off? I looked in the settings and can't an on or off. When I go to valet from the settings menu a key pad comes up to enter a code.

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
593 Posts
Joe

The valet mode instructions are on page 86 of the Infotainment Book. It does state in the instructions that it
will lock out the infotainment system, steering wheel controls steering column and vehicle storage ares which I beleive would include the trunk. However, if you arent having problems with the other items mentioned then your issue must be something else. It was just a thought.

·
Registered
2017 XT5
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did check the manual and saw the same thing you saw. I thought maybe you knew something I wasn't seeing.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
Joe my car has always been that way. The rubber button at the trunk will not work unless the doors are unlocked.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Lol, I guess my car is broken then if you guys say it has to be unlocked to use the pad. (but it is broken in a good way this time...lol) Maybe your fob batteries are weak? (just a guess, most likely not the case)

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
654 Posts
couple weeks ago I had the car in the dealer to see why the battery went dead twice. They couldn't find any problem but they did a couple of software updates on the CUE and the trunk latch. The CUE seems a little more responsive and the climate page looks different. Anyway, I used to be able to walk up to the trunk and push the rubber button and the lid would open. Now it won't open that way even if I try to push the key fob trunk button. But will open if I push the button on the inside of the door. I thought I would have to bring it back to the dealer. Today I was sitting in the car and thought maybe if I hit the door unlock button first then push the rubber trunk button. Bingo, it works that way. The doors need to be unlocked before the external trunk button works. Must have been a change in the software update.
Anyway, I used to be able to walk up to the trunk and push the rubber button and the lid would open...

This is the way it supposed to work. At least mine does. I just walk up to the trunk with the fob in my pocket, reach under and push the little rubber button (sometimes a little firmly) and the trunks pops open. I NEVER have to remove my fob from my pocket and push any lock/unlock buttons. Sometimes I forget I even have it (no so goo). I'd take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. :stirpot:

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Escalade works the same, you have to unlock the vehicle prior to using the trunk button. If you could open it without having to unlock the vehicle first, anyone could walk up to your vehicle and steal the contents of your trunk at any time. Not a feature I would want!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Lizbill said:
Anyway, I used to be able to walk up to the trunk and push the rubber button and the lid would open... This is the way it supposed to work. At least mine does. I just walk up to the trunk with the fob in my pocket, reach under and push the little rubber button (sometimes a little firmly) and the trunks pops open. I NEVER have to remove my fob from my pocket and push any lock/unlock buttons. Sometimes I forget I even have it (no so goo). I'd take it back to the dealer and have them fix it. :stirpot:
And here I thought my car had gremlins;)

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
654 Posts
Somethings screwy here. When you have the key fob in your pocket, purse, whatever, when you get up to the car its supposed to unlock automatically; you should never have to manually push the unlock button when you get near the car. You are supposed to just walk up to the car and open as unlocking is automatic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts