Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
94 Seville STS Trunk will not open with remote or button in glove box. Opens with key. Closes automatically okay, just wont open. Also I can hear a clicking sound in the trunk when i press the trunk release button on remote.

Any suggestions?

Rich

·
Registered
2000 STS
48 Posts
This is a guess (not based on first-hand experience): Try cleaning and lubing the release mechanism in the trunk lid. It sounds like the solenoid is binding up.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
I had read somewhere in a post I came across, where someone suggested to check your Valet switch in the glove box, it might've been pressed by accident.. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
94 Seville 2006 STS
149 Posts
I had the same problem and it was the solenoid. It was dead. I think I got a price of right around $38.00 for a new one at a chevy dealer. I wound up getting one from a junkyard for 15.00 and a friend put it in for me. It has worked for a 1 1/2 years. Hope this helps.

Ralph

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Valet switch in glove box? What exactly is that? Are you talking about the trunk button in glove box? That one does not work, nor does the remote control button for trunk. All i get is a click sound from trunk when either one is depressed.

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts