Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just registered to cadillacforums.com because i recently bought a 2003 cts, white diamond with black interior, navigation,sport package..n i love it already. i've seen that on the 2005's the housing under the trunk light and goes around the reverse lights is painted to match the car. does anyone know if my part can be replaced with a 2005 housing..? or would i need to get it painted..? thanks

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
PJ got a painted cover for his. I don't recall the manufacturure. GM switched the rear license plate bezel to the body painted one, due to so many problems with it filling with water. You can buy one through GMPartsDirect.com, but they run in the vicinity of $500. There is a different part number for each paint code. Get the parts list from the FAQ. (The FAQ is your friend!)

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/cts-partslist.pdf

The other option is to keep checking it for signs of fogging or water sloshing around. If the car is still under warranty, the dealer will replace it. Since GM no longer distributes the smoked colored one, you'll get a body colored one as a replacement.

BTW - Welcome to your new addiction . . . er . . . the forum.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago. Just hand wash your car and put lots of water pressure over the seams of the bezel so that it fills with water. Mine also had some bugs crammed in it. Then just take it in and say that its defective and you want it replaced. Since there are no bezels in the smoke color that are made anymore, they will replace it with the body color panel.

Just be sure to tell them that you think that its defective, else they wont warrant a replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Collapsed

hey, how bad did it look before you took it in, mine collects water and stuff but doesn't look that bad??? Is it suppose let water in at all??

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
alec4you said:
Collapsed

hey, how bad did it look before you took it in, mine collects water and stuff but doesn't look that bad??? Is it suppose let water in at all??
No water at all, Alec! You've got the leaky rear bezel. If you still have warranty, get it replaced. Be prepared tho, some places will fight hard not to replace it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you still have some waranty left don't go in demanding a new bezel. Play dumb and just complain that the seams are coming apart and there's condensation, blah blah blah. Less than a week later, you'll be riding with a new one.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
MontySkull said:
If you still have some waranty left don't go in demanding a new bezel. Play dumb and just complain that the seams are coming apart and there's condensation, blah blah blah. Less than a week later, you'll be riding with a new one.
I don't agree. My sister had a leaky bezel, complained about. They fixed it. Leaked again. She complained. They fixed. Finally, it leaked again and I told her about the replacement. She demanded. The said they'd fix it again. She got ahold of the local rep, and then the dealership replaced it. Certainly not a week. And you DEFINITELY don't want to go in playing dumb.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like your dealer just sucks. Mine looked at it on the spot and told me they'll order a new one and they'd call when it was in.

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
The rear bezel cover that PJ has is E&G. It looks great! It would reduce the amount of light from your back up lights though. For what you pay for the E&G you can get the New OEM Bezel from GMPD. I bit the bullet and just ordered one rather than grubble with the Service Dept. I put it on myself. It takes less than 20 minutes and one Budweiser.:alchi:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Rob - In this thread you've defined the rear bezel install as "20 minutes and 1 budweiser" and the headlight install as "3 budweisers." You also mentioned in your TonyA instructions it would take "90 minutes and 2 budweisers." I see a pattern here, do we need to have an intervention:D...or a mod party at your place?:cheers:

RobertCTS said:
Substitutes warrant a poorer and more frustrating experience. Chardonnay would be my 2nd choice.
Personally I'd go for a Killians or a Guiness, depending on my mood.........although...I do still have a couple of Mooseheads in the fridge....:alchi:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Well if theres one thing the Canadians can do right, its making a decent beer or two. Of course its required for survival, how else are you supposed to live in a country that experiences winter 9 months of the year without going nuts?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
TripleOught said:
after i put the air hog in upside down and did a premium seal job only to realize the airbox door wouldn't close and i had to do it over again--i was ready for a shot....or....2 or 3...
I actually did the same thing:banghead:. It's easy to do b/c theres that nice boarder all the way around the back side. Instead of ripping it out and starting over, I just trimmed the tabs inside the airbox that it was catching on. Is this what most people do b/c I chose this position based on the pics in Rob's how-to manual (yeah, that pic is kind of small so I probably should have checked the fit before committing myself).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts