Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Catera
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Catera. Trunk and fuel release buttons occasionally do not work. And the radio will sometimes lose power. I did a search and couldn't find any definitive solution to this problem, except for the mention of a "multi-function module."

Thanks in advance for any hints.

·
Registered
Catera
100 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2000, it seems to be getting worse. I havent had any power issues with my head unit but it is aftermarket. Any help would be great!!

·
Registered
2 1997 Cateras: black&ocean green
698 Posts
It is the Multifunction Module. Wire the pins #12 and 14 together and your problems will be solved.

·
Registered
1997 Catera
172 Posts
I was able to repair mine by myself with a solder gun. I fould several 'cold solder' joints on the PCB inside the module box. They were causing the failures and power drop-outs for the radio, trunk and fuel release, interior lights, and the fog lights. Quick re-solder to these joints and it fixed my fog lights, my radio, and my trunk release (with the jumper from 12 to 14 removed).

I assume that this is a common problem since I see so many failing. Solder gun work is cheaper than a replacement and if it don't work what have you lost?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts