Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This literally just happened, I was smoking a cigarette in my '00 Deville base when i remembered i needed the color code from under the spare tire cover, hit the button on dash and the trunk did not open, I tried the fuel door and nothing. Immidiately I checked the valet switch in the glove box an dit was off, switched it a couple times just to make sure and still nothing, everything else still works, radio, windows locks, car starts and everything but idk what else it could be.

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
I have the same issue on our "new to us" 1994 Deville
The service manual is a nightmare to navigate.
the trunk release is working off the remote fob but not the dash switch.
The manual on 1994 shows the remote and switch using the same power source (breaker 3 - 30amps in trunk).
--
The fuel door release is a whole other problem on this one (the latch assembly seems froze) Further digging on that issue.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
If it works off the fob, but not the dash switch, then the dash switch is the problem.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are the relay and fuse located that I need to check?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
replaced relays and fuses but nothing, what should i check for/ replace next?

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
Two of us with a simular problem.
I swapped the switch - went thru the fuses and relay
Still only functioning with FOB

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an oem remote that has to be programmed so I wouldnt know if the remote will open either the trunk or fuel door..

----------

ok so i decided to check all my fuses again and sure enough this time it was the #2 fuse under the hood that blew, I swapped it out and pressed both buttons and voila!!!, All I can say is check your fuses, I did end up buying 2 new relays, trunk and fuel release relays, I'll sell anybody my old good ones(thought they were bad so I replaced them) for cheap + s&h if any. just pm me if anything...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts