Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:band: Hi Cadi lovers, I got a 03 CTS in great shape. The remote control unlocked the trunk, but it doesn't go all way up. Could it be the shocks?

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
My 80 deville did the same thing,I lubed the shafts of the shocks with w-d 40,it works fine now,just a thin film is enough.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Cadillac # uno said:
:band: Hi Cadi lovers, I got a 03 CTS in great shape. The remote control unlocked the trunk, but it doesn't go all way up. Could it be the shocks?
Now if you're expecting it to pop open all the way, it's not gonna happen.

Even when the shocks are new, they're only an assist - not all that good an assist at that. They also hold it open - if they don't, it's time for replacement...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
The remote merely releases the latch. It's not meant to open the trunk lid. Cadillac did away with the motor driven trunk lid I think in '02. My '01 Eldorado had it. Owners were breaking them right and left by slamming the trunk lid closed and breaking the mechanism.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
The trunk lid was designed to just unlock and not fly open when you hit the trunk release. Plus, it often takes a bit of effort to lift it open once unlocked. This has been a common complaint. I think in a past thread, someone said that the design of the trunk lid mechanism (on the sides, and out of the cargo area) wouldn't support an auto-open feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts