Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
I just got that new bolt, The other one was rust welded haha. But I have a roll of electrical tape I just set around it for now and can set stuff on top hahah. I'll get rid of it eventually. Its finally getting dark so I'll see how much of an improvement the lights really are.

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
nice!! i need to finish installing the second LED strip. I used t-taps on mine. I didn't consider just jamming them in the harness. that would have been an easy install/uninstall option. I had taken out the bolt at one point and put a piece of wood on each side of the spare to hold up the spare tire cover and had my box on top of it. I put it back in when i moved.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,828 Posts
nice!! i need to finish installing the second LED strip. I used t-taps on mine. I didn't consider just jamming them in the harness. that would have been an easy install/uninstall option. I had taken out the bolt at one point and put a piece of wood on each side of the spare to hold up the spare tire cover and had my box on top of it. I put it back in when i moved.
I should of done a better job than just jamming up the wires. I did only because I was in a rush and it was on the brink of being dark anyways. Being as it's been working for nearly 2 years, I ain't about the change it now. lol

Just to let y'all know. If you leave the trunk open for longer than 10 minutes, the RAP will turn the lights off. If the factory light bulb was still installed, simply pressing the trunk release on the remote with turn it on. But with the LEDs in there, you have to press the Unlock button then the Trunk release on the remote. Or open one of the doors. I am guessing because the lower resistance of the led strips.

KOT

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Opened the trunk tonight to get a bag out and wow the difference is crazy. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner lol. Thanks KOT.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,828 Posts
I don't know why manufactures only put one light bulb in there. lol

Hopefully Cadillac has started installing much more LEDs in the cars now.

Look at what my next project is going to be...

KOT

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
LOL you have too much time on your hands.

I'll have to check on the ATS when me and my friend go test drive one (hes wanting to trade his evo x)

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Kingoftypos said:
I don't know why manufactures only put one light bulb in there. lol

Hopefully Cadillac has started installing much more LEDs in the cars now.

Look at what my next project is going to be...

Video Link: http://youtu.be/bQFD7p3th1s

KOT
Yeah, the single bulb in the recessed/flush housing seemed like an after thought. The new ambient lighting that they are shipping from factory is great. I would love to have that in my vehicle.

Interesting MOD. I wonder how much space that hydraulic(I'm assuming it hydraulic) system takes with the motor.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts