Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,454 Posts
I bought something very similar to this and keep it in the truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100609975

This 400 amp jump-start system provides a safe, easy way to start your engine without another vehicle or additional power source. It is cordless and rechargeable and powered by a sealed lead-acid battery.

• Starts engine without use of another vehicle
  • 12 volt DC power outlet for powering/recharging
  • 12 volt DC charging cord for charging from vehicle
  • 27" heavy duty welder-type cable and clamps

It will jump start the car, air up the tire(s) with the built in compressor, has a cig lighter port to power/charge cell phone, and my model also has a USB port if a device is USB powered. They're around 50.00 at Sam's club.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,454 Posts
I have the same one from Sams Club. Actually bought one for all 3 of my cars. Very disappointed in the air compressor though. Needed to fill up my spare on my jeep when i got a flat on vacation, as the spare was low on air... Took 20 minutes to get it up to just 25 PSI. Finally I said screw it and drove over to a gas station. I'm probably going to invest in a better 12 volt compressor.
I would agree it's "slow", but it gets me enough air in from a flat that I could drive it to a station. (as happened once when I came out from the bar and the tire was flat from a large screw) I sure there are more capable units out there for a little more cash. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.