Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer picking up my V today and decided to look over the new V2. I found in the trunk a nice solution. They have a mini compressor mounted in a styrofoam holder screwed down to the floor of the trunk where the spare would go. I called Luke at Lindsey and there are three part numbers for this. I don't have my STS-V back yet so I don't know if our cars have the same rectangle hole on the center of the trunk floor for the long threaded adapter.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
My 2005 Bonneville GXP had a trunk compressor built in as well. I wish they integrated something like that in the STS.

·
Registered
Cadillac
91 Posts
Dan - I have been thinking about the same issue lately, but haven't focused on putting a solution together. We should keep this thread going, as many of us are no longer using run-flats.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I bought something very similar to this and keep it in the truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100609975

This 400 amp jump-start system provides a safe, easy way to start your engine without another vehicle or additional power source. It is cordless and rechargeable and powered by a sealed lead-acid battery.

• Starts engine without use of another vehicle
  • 12 volt DC power outlet for powering/recharging
  • 12 volt DC charging cord for charging from vehicle
  • 27" heavy duty welder-type cable and clamps

It will jump start the car, air up the tire(s) with the built in compressor, has a cig lighter port to power/charge cell phone, and my model also has a USB port if a device is USB powered. They're around 50.00 at Sam's club.

·
Registered
2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T
470 Posts
I bought something very similar to this and keep it in the truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100609975

This 400 amp jump-start system provides a safe, easy way to start your engine without another vehicle or additional power source. It is cordless and rechargeable and powered by a sealed lead-acid battery.

• Starts engine without use of another vehicle
  • 12 volt DC power outlet for powering/recharging
  • 12 volt DC charging cord for charging from vehicle
  • 27" heavy duty welder-type cable and clamps

It will jump start the car, air up the tire(s) with the built in compressor, has a cig lighter port to power/charge cell phone, and my model also has a USB port if a device is USB powered. They're around 50.00 at Sam's club.
I have the same one from Sams Club. Actually bought one for all 3 of my cars. Very disappointed in the air compressor though. Needed to fill up my spare on my jeep when i got a flat on vacation, as the spare was low on air... Took 20 minutes to get it up to just 25 PSI. Finally I said screw it and drove over to a gas station. I'm probably going to invest in a better 12 volt compressor.

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
I have the same one from Sams Club. Actually bought one for all 3 of my cars. Very disappointed in the air compressor though. Needed to fill up my spare on my jeep when i got a flat on vacation, as the spare was low on air... Took 20 minutes to get it up to just 25 PSI. Finally I said screw it and drove over to a gas station. I'm probably going to invest in a better 12 volt compressor.
I would agree it's "slow", but it gets me enough air in from a flat that I could drive it to a station. (as happened once when I came out from the bar and the tire was flat from a large screw) I sure there are more capable units out there for a little more cash. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
746 Posts
Question: Why don't you guys just get a full size spare and an base STS jack that fits inside the stock well? I mean lets get serious, this car is a hog and a little extra weight is not going to do much of anything on the street. (Alternatively, a flat will.)

Won't a full size 18" wheel fit the back and front?

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
If you had a flat in the rear you'd be running an 18" and a 19" wheel on the diff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts