Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a 1998 deville, and I have couple of questions about the factory alarm. I have tested the alarm by opening the door from the inside by reaching around to the outside thru the window, and the alarm sounds - seems to be working just fine, but when I open the truck with the FOBs (with the alarm activated) it does not set off the alarm.
so my question is... does the alarm not protect the truck... or is the alarm automatically disarmed when I pop the trunk with the FOBs?
Now if the trunk is not protected... does anyone know of a way it intergrade it into the factory alarm functions, or do I need to replace/bypass the factory alarm with an aftermarket alarm?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
jacen98 said:
I've got a 1998 deville, and I have couple of questions about the factory alarm. I have tested the alarm by opening the door from the inside by reaching around to the outside thru the window, and the alarm sounds - seems to be working just fine, but when I open the truck with the FOBs (with the alarm activated) it does not set off the alarm.
so my question is... does the alarm not protect the truck... or is the alarm automatically disarmed when I pop the trunk with the FOBs?
Now if the trunk is not protected... does anyone know of a way it intergrade it into the factory alarm functions, or do I need to replace/bypass the factory alarm with an aftermarket alarm?
Thanks for any help.
well i have no clue but you can run trial and error on this one.
Put the alarm on: pop trunk try to open door see if alarm is off
put the alarm on put someone inside the trunk have them pull the manual release in the trunk see if alarm sounds. etc....
try things

1 - 3 of 3 Posts