Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last year for the traditional Cadillac trumpet horns? Do the new cars have these horns?

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Well I'm not sure when they quit making them standard. But I know that my '92 Deville doesnt have them. It was in an option package that the person who ordered my car didnt check off. I wish mine had them. I wonder If I can get them off a junkyard car and put them on mine?

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Yeah you can. If you're talking about the 4 tone horns(really loud sounding like a semi) just check for the horns off of a Buick Park Avenue 91(or older)-96. and the same year Oldsmobiles I think. My mom's 91 Park Avenue has them.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
My Roadmaster's horns sounded like something off a train. The '90 Brougham I drove had a really neat low sounding horn

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah 4 tone horns. I thought they were like a Caddy thing that was exclusive to that company. Hmm. I don't picture them being around on the new cars though.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Yeah they're on Park Aves. as well, my friend's 91 has them. 91 was the first year of the Park Ave. as its own car. Right before he sells the car I'll be trading my ETCs horn for them.

·
Registered
2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7
643 Posts
My dad and I always thought the sound of the horn changed when we had it replaced. It went from deep and loud to tinny and wimpy.

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
My 95 has them; I got a set from a junkyard (4 horns) to put on my 96 Seville or maybe my Avanti.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
My '91 DeVille has it, and it's connected to the hood ornament so it goes off it anybody messes with it. My buddy's 8-year-old loved it (see movie).

I love this horn. It sounds like a pissed-off church organ. When the time comes, I plan to transplant it onto my next car.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dammit I want one of those hoodie alarms!!!! Where can I get one? Dealers don't have them.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Dammit I want one of those hoodie alarms!!!! Where can I get one? Dealers don't have them.
I'm pretty sure it's part of the OEM security package, but since it's a '91, maybe Cadillac dealers no longer stock the parts. It is pretty cool, though.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Actually, my '92 SDV has the security package, and it doesnt have the hood ornament alarm or maybe it's broke. I knew a guy who had a '90 SDV and he had the hood ornament alarm.

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,176 Posts
My 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 89 Brougham, & 89 Sedan DeVille all have the trumpet horns. I think on my 2 Broughams these horns were part of the d'elegance option package. My pop's 96 Eldorado dosen't have the trupmet horn, I'm not sure if it was an available option on this car.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought it was a standard on the Broughams? Other than sounding cool what was the point of these horns? Also the hoody alarm isn't part of the security package. It was a dealer add on you could buy but they no longer have them. Is there any other way I can get one other than prowling a junkyard and pulling on hoodies?

·
Registered
2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7
643 Posts
I forgot to mention my dad invented and rigged the front emblem to the horn system with the help of a mechanic. He built the gizmo, which was homemade and used mercury. If anyone bent or pulled the emblem, the horn would honk. I should take a picture of the setup if it's still there. I think it was deactivated.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
^^That's cool... if an alarm (even a factory one) installed it would be fairly easy to use a mercury switch like that wired in with one of the door switches.

DopeStar 156 said:
I thought it was a standard on the Broughams? Other than sounding cool what was the point of these horns? Also the hoody alarm isn't part of the security package. It was a dealer add on you could buy but they no longer have them. Is there any other way I can get one other than prowling a junkyard and pulling on hoodies?
The point is to get people the hell out of your way. The junkyard idea won't work, none of the cars would have a battery so you'd have to physically open the hood.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Almost all of the small front wheel drive DeVilles and Fleetwoods have trumpet horns and there are a lot of them in junk yards so just get the trumpet horns from one of them.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
My 1994 FWB is listed as having Trumpet Horns. How do you know for sure?

The ones that look like a eardrum?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
brougham said:
Almost all of the small front wheel drive DeVilles and Fleetwoods have trumpet horns and there are a lot of them in junk yards so just get the trumpet horns from one of them.
THey were standard on the 91-93 Fleetwoods and 60 Specials, but for the deVilles, you had to order "option package C" to get them

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I for one have never seen the horn. Just heard it. Where is it located? I know mine has it but just out of curiocity, I wonder if it looks like I think it does.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts