Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pinging is driving me crazy. I have replaced my knock sensor and the EST module. I had Bumper to Bumper scan and check each of the sensors. Each sensor is working properly, right where it should be. However, I'll be damned if I'm not still getting the ol' death rattle. It's very difficult to tell if it's an exhaust leak or pinging, but I'm pretty sure it's knock. I don't know where to go next.

Brian

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Well it seems pretty obvious to me if you think it could be an exhaust leak that you'd check for exhaust leaks as your next step.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have mentioned that. Checked for leaks last weekend, and there is a leak, but it's on the back side of the muffler, nothing I would expect to sound like knock. When you roll the windows down, you can hear the leak coming from the rear of the car, but there sounds like either another leak or knock coming from upfront. Problem is, I can't hear the leak. Ah screw it, I might just have to break down and have the exhaust totally redone anyways.

Brian

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Long shot, maybe a foolish suggestion but have you thought of putting in some GM Engine Oil Suppliment? It will give you some added lubrication, might quite things a bit but if it does then you know you have an issue in the engine.

If it changes nothing then keep searching your exhaust system and make sure your not running on 'bad gas'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts