Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so i started up my truck and had to clear a code because my remote start wasnt working, so I plugged in my diablosport tuner, and i loaded up the mpg booster tune because i was running the performance tune, and i wasnt gonna rip for a while. So i loaded the tune and the engine turned off and everything went normal. It said success or whatever at the end. I then cleared the engine codes, so my remote start would work. I cleared the codes, and then when I went to start the truck, all I heard was a click. So I kept trying, and i got scared shitless lol. My radar was plugged into the cigarette lighter port, and it started saying "powering off, battery low" and then it cut out. So i popped the hood, and wiggled the terminals, and no go. So i called up my dad and he jumped my truck. It turned on first try, what a relief!! The wierd thing is, that I had the vehicle running before I loaded the tune, and the vehicle shut off during the tune(which is normal) and everything looked normal on the dash.. What could be the problem? Truck is running fine now. Hopefully makes sense.
thanks

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
You should not be loading tunes with the engine running.
Aside from that, it sounds like you have a weak/dying battery.

·
Registered
2007 EXT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight, yeah thats what I thought, i usually always turn the engine off, but this time I left it on, and whats the best way to check the battery? multimeter?

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
618 Posts
Thanks for the insight, yeah thats what I thought, i usually always turn the engine off, but this time I left it on, and whats the best way to check the battery? multimeter?
Yes, you want to check voltage

·
Registered
2007 escalade
3 Posts
You want to use a battery load tester, an MM will only give you voltage, not voltage under load.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
If you don't have a battery load tester any auto store chain can check it for free. O'Reilly Auto, Autozone, NAPA, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Escalade
144 Posts
When you load a tune you must take certain steps. Pull the radio and amp fuse. You must apply the parking brake so the drl dont come on. You cant have any power draw while installing the tune.Dont open the doors.I had that too where it wouldnt start...yes very scary..I just reloaded the stock tune and then tried again and it was fine.

·
Registered
2014 S550, 2018 XT5 Platinum, 2019 XT4 Sport :)
1,693 Posts
Do a search on TYPE48 AGM Battery. Amazon will ship you a nee AC Delco Type 48 AGM Battery to your door for less than $150- This battery at the dealer costs over $280- + Installation. If your Battery is over 3 years old, time to replace it. The OEM AC Delco batteries fail very often on the truck... I had 2 replaced under warrantee, I now have the AGM, and I am planning on adding the 2nd battery, only because I don't drive the truck often and I have and 2nd Alarm (SmartStart) that draws power with the truck off, not much but after 2 weeks in very cold temps, it adds up. The AGM can be discharged very very low and recharged with no ill affects. Do that to a wet battery and it is doomed....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts